• The KillerFrogs

Why Can’t We Hire a Special Team’s Coach?

ftwfrog

jones was a great frog, but we need to stop this idea of hiring and keeping people who are tied or loyal to the program.

there has not been accountability in the program for some time among the staff in terms of production on the field and the rot can't be hidden anymore
And what makes anyone think a dude who’s pulled in over $10million (probably more, I don’t know) in a career, wants to come back and coach special teams for $50,000 a year?

Wog68

And what makes anyone think a dude who’s pulled in over $10million (probably more, I don’t know) in a career, wants to come back and coach special teams for $50,000 a year?
I wold hope that the job might pay $75K or a little more.

Someone, somewhere is coaching special teams even if there isn't a designated coach that does just that. I would guess the reason for that is because we have the very unusual arrangement of having 2 receivers coaches so Jarrett Anderson can have a job and two DL coaches so that Dan Sharp has a job. When you're limited to 10 coaches, it makes for a good situation for them and their families but not so much in terms of maximizing limited resources to get the team prepared to play.

Eight

Someone, somewhere is coaching special teams even if there isn't a designated coach that does just that. I would guess the reason for that is because we have the very unusual arrangement of having 2 receivers coaches so Jarrett Anderson can have a job and two DL coaches so that Dan Sharp has a job. When you're limited to 10 coaches, it makes for a good situation for them and their families but not so much in terms of maximizing limited resources to get the team prepared to play.

i am sure they can be found jobs on campus somewhere, but the number of friends of gary or protege of gary who have jobs at tcu is hurting this program

there are big problems on the staff on both sides of the program and in some support areas

one bit of info i would love to know is who was clark referring to when he said that tcu wouldn't offer kelly of ou because they didn't think he could play linebacker in the big 12

Surfrog

Just an FYI TCU minimum football coach salary is 250k.
Analysist positions are +- 50K.

Sebastian S

Special teams? We had Turpin

OC? We had Turpin, Doctson, Boykin, Reagor...

I am beginning to believe the players made these coaches look good the past few years.

Not the usual coaches coaching up players.

y2kFrog

Special teams? We had Turpin

OC? We had Turpin, Doctson, Boykin, Reagor...

I am beginning to believe the players made these coaches look good the past few years.

Not the usual coaches coaching up players.

I thought Doctson was a sure fire pro and Boykin had chance somewhere. Their pro
failures have me thinking that maybe we had somebody around who knew how to use them and got the best out of them. I know for sure we could complete a pass when they were here.

Mean Purple

Yeah, need to cut some bad weight.

Mean Purple

I thought Doctson was a sure fire pro and Boykin had chance somewhere. Their pro
failures have me thinking that maybe we had somebody around who knew how to use them and got the best out of them. I know for sure we could complete a pass when they were here.
wasn't meach involved some with rcvrs?

Mean Purple

Year after year our special teams are poor to mediocre. Why can’t we hire a dedicated ST Coach? Why do we need Two defensive line coaches? I’m tired of special teams playing so uneven. In close games they make a huge difference.
I am just tired of the Australia punter trend in college ball. Most of them seem the crap it in pressure situations. The frogs punter was just not so good.