• The KillerFrogs

Gary Patterson

Horny4TCU

The man, the myth, the legendary head coach has to make some tough changes in some un-Gary like ways. Gary needs to fire loyal coaches and revamp his staff. He's still great, but if he wants to progress the program and end on high note, those are the changes that need to be made.

Froggish

The man, the myth, the legendary head coach has to make some tough changes in some un-Gary like ways. Gary needs to fire loyal coaches and revamp his staff. He's still great, but if he wants to progress the program and end on high note, those are the changes that need to be made.

He may fire Cumbie but I see no way he cleans house...Finding a staff that is going to put up with him is a much bigger issue then most know..

LeagueCityFrog

Coach P the defensive coach isn't the problem. We have very talented young players. We need some older players that play with some juice. Our OL coach and our running backs coach are also great. What happens with the rest in the off season TBD, but definitely not TCU grade what's going on here.

Froggish

This is an issue for sure from what I’ve heard. He’s loyal, but he handles his coaching staff in such a way that I’m not sure he can find guys that have other viable options. In other words, good coaches.

The issue has been around for a while. He has a lot of respect around football but not enough to attract any bright minds. He doesn’t want innovation or creativity, he would rather take his “family” and “consistency” message into recruiting circles.

I’ve heard from a number of sources that if he can’t win with his guys he’s ok with not winning

Moose Stuff

The issue has been around for a while. He has a lot of respect around football but not enough to attract any bright minds. He doesn’t want innovation or creativity, he would rather take his “family” and “consistency” message into recruiting circles.

I’ve heard from a number of sources that if he can’t win with his guys he’s ok with not winning

Literally fire him right now if that’s true.

Mean Purple

Some of these assistants should have been hone years ago. Defense has hurt without Bump.

Patterso will never fore those guys, even though they are destroying his legacy. Sad that his career could finish this way, but it is his fault.

Then there is the other reality: who is to say he does not see how recruiting is not producing and doesn't pull a Jimbo Fisher and jump to another ship?

Mean Purple

Coach P the defensive coach isn't the problem. We have very talented young players. We need some older players that play with some juice. Our OL coach and our running backs coach are also great. What happens with the rest in the off season TBD, but definitely not TCU grade what's going on here.
Why do folks say the OL and backs coaches are great?
Nothing too consistent there, either.

Froggish

Literally fire him right now if that’s true.
He’s stubborn...From his perspective they never really been faced with not winning. It’s never been an issue. Think about it..When we joined the Big12 we struggled but we all knew recruiting would improve and depth would get built up. The winning would follow. ..He’s just never been faced with the situation he’s currently in. We’ll see how he responds but I’m not hopeful it will amount to anything radical. I could easily see him firing Sonny and promoting Thomsen or Luper. The risk of bringing in someone with no ties to the program are to great...It would mean they would also want their own guys..

netty2424

Dude that is insane. Cmon man.

CountryFrog

Plenty of reason to criticize the entire staff and GP is at the top of that but I'm going to go ahead and call MAJOR BS on that last sentence. And please keep in mind that I'm calling MAJOR BS so this is very serious.

There's just no way that any head coach is ok with losing under any circumstances. That's asinine. He may well be overly loyal and he may well be doing some things wrong but he's not ok with losing just because it's with "his guys."

Eight

yes, coach p the defensive coach is a big part of the problem and the fact people don't see that is more disconcerting than anything else about the loss today.