• The KillerFrogs

An open letter to TCU Football

Armadillo

I sincerely love you CGP. You have brought our program from the dark ages into extreme relevance.

However, there’s no way we should have lost to this kansas state team today. They have less talent than us. Less speed. Less strength.

Yet they beat us.

Dear God CGP, you need to make some changes this off season. Especially in the offensive side of the ball. So much talent. So little production.

And defense has become porous.

I’m not advocating making changes today. In season changes rarely reap rewards. But you need to make some changes. But it’s now on you. You must make some changes to keep this program relaxant.

I know you want to win. But it’s not happening with this current coaching staff, especially offensively.

Limey Frog

GP needs to engineer major shake-up of his staff and program, and if he doesn't have the energy/years in him, then he needs to hang it up. He'd be a legend if he retired now; that will always be true, but this is garbage and there's no promise of improvement. Talent-wise we looked set for improvement this year. With these coaches right now, we'd waste any talent you could name. Heck, if I were Max Duggan I'd transfer. He can redshirt next year and be a sophomore in 2021 at some school that can coach his receivers to get separation and be where they're supposed to be.

Armadillo

Heck, if I were Max Duggan I'd transfer. He can redshirt next year and be a sophomore in 2021 at some school that can coach his receivers to get separation and be where they're supposed to be.

Just to be clear, that’s not all what I was calling for in my OP.

Froggish

We can’t fire GP...The best we can hope for is to convince him it’s time enjoy life a part from football..Truly amazing career. I know most of TCU fans aren’t going to want to remember this and if stays to much longer it’s all we’ll have in our sights

HornedFrog4romLA11

Member for years but rarely post. What's going on with this program? I don't think CGP is the problem like some are insinuating and I like our recruiting the last few years. Do we need better coaches on the rest of the staff? I don't think we are far from fixing things. We were ranked last year and for a smidge this year. We need to find a way to stay there. I was recently reminiscing on the 2014-2016 years when we were legitimate title contenders and the 2010-2011 years. I hope we can find a way to get back. I just enrolled at USC for grad school and they are terrible too lol..Go Frogs. I believe in Gary.

Ron Swanson

We can’t fire GP...The best we can hope for is to convince him it’s time enjoy life a part from football..Truly amazing career. I know most of TCU fans aren’t going to want to remember this and if stays to much longer it’s all we’ll have in our sights
Disagree we want Gary to go. We need a new offensive staff and for our QB to grow up.

Defense will be fine. Gary has skins on the wall.

Chongo94

Are we really that more talented than KState? I mean we keep saying we are much more talented than them and others but I’m just not so sure. Going by recruiting rankings we may be but out on the field it appears we certainly aren’t.

O linemen getting pushed around, DEs nonexistent, wrs can’t get open or even separation most of the time, dbs getting blown by....either we are vastly overrating the supposed ability of our players, or we are absolutely atrocious at developing our talent.

Are we really that more talented than KState? I mean we keep saying we are much more talented than them and others but I’m just not so sure. Going by recruiting rankings we may be but out on the field it appears we certainly aren’t.

O linemen getting pushed around, DEs nonexistent, wrs can’t get open or even separation most of the time, dbs getting blown by....either we are vastly overrating the supposed ability of our players, or we are absolutely atrocious at developing our talent.
On offense, we are absolutely atrocious at developing talent. No question. Look no further than that the highest rated recruit on our offense is behind a freshman QB developed by his dad, a transfer developed at Penn, a grad transfer that isn't really developed as a QB but played some football, and a walk-on transfer developed at UGA.