• The KillerFrogs

Kansas City Star: Wildcats know what to expect from Alex Delton as QB returns to Manhattan with TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Wildcats know what to expect from Alex Delton as QB returns to Manhattan with TCU

By Kellis Robinett

After helping the Kansas State football team win 23 games and play in three bowls, senior quarterback Alex Delton will put a cap on his memorable time in Manhattan later this week when he makes his final appearance at Bill Snyder Family Stadium ... in a TCU uniform.

“That will be interesting seeing him coming out of the opposing team’s tunnel,” K-State center Adam Holtorf said. “I’m sure we will share some words after the game, but it will be a little unique to have a former teammate across the field.”

Not just any former teammate. Delton, a quarterback, grew up in Hays and at times during his K-State career was thought to be the future leader of the Wildcats’ offense. Delton was offensive MVP at the 2017 Cactus Bowl and a team captain in 2018. Injuries and inconsistent play prevented him from living up to his full potential, but he was a productive and popular quarterback for several years.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article236315388.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

alex i guess is the model team mate and all around great guy because i am a bit bemused about the amount of time and energy spent around the return of a guy who started 4 times in his kansas state career and played in roughly half of the games in his 3+ years on their team.

aside from the bowl games against ucla you are talking about a guy with roughly 2,000 yards of total offense in 20 games and the one game he played against tcu he wasn't good at all.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Of course they know what to expect from Delton, why do you think they let him transfer in conference with no hesitation to begin with? He doesn't scare anyone.