• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Chains Officially a Thing

Froggish

GP is not getting out-schemed. He knows plenty well what to do, but his players haven't caught on. Of course with would't be the FFF unless every year posters declare that the other coaches have "exposed" GP's defense, that we need to do what the other guys do.

EVERY FREEKING YEAR!!!

Have none of you been paying attention the last 19 years? His only defensive failing is that the players need to be too experienced to play it.

Fix the offense and we will be fine. NOBODY is shutting down a good offense nowadays. You gotta do some scoring on your own.

In large I agree..GP would do well to not change his scheme but spend an off season simplifying the way to is taught and called..Make it easier for the players to understand so they can get on the field earlier in their careers and contribute at a higher level. And for goodness sake please figure out a way to get the signals in quicker.

Eight

I like stickers on helmets. You dont see Clemson or Georgia or Bama do chains but you do see the top teams do stickers.

Ohio State has the buckeye stickers, dog bones are appearing on Georgia's helmets, paw prints on Clemson's and tomahawks on those of Florida State, just to name a few.

I like stickers. Here is Ohio State's criteria for a game sticker:
http://buckeyefansonly.com/buckeyeleafcriteria.html

You award them after a game for exemplary performance for great tackles, teamwork, long runs, flawless execution, takeaways, etc.
TCU could have tiny little Horned frog stickers. Or purple dots or little Texas flags, or something. Its classy and players want to look like they are contributing and the baddest guy of the bunch.

pretty sure the only stickers on bama's helmets are the center strip and the numbers on the sides.

usc no stickers, nd no stickers, lsu, no stickers, ou no stickers, and with the number of head gear the frogs potential wear who has to keep track of making sure each helmet is current.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
pretty sure the only stickers on bama's helmets are the center strip and the numbers on the sides.

usc no stickers, nd no stickers, lsu, no stickers, ou no stickers, and with the number of head gear the frogs potential wear who has to keep track of making sure each helmet is current.[/QUOTe
No, but Notre Dame does have ugly pinstripes for Yankee Stadium and ugly shamrocks unis when they went to Ireland.

YA

I like stickers on helmets. You dont see Clemson or Georgia or Bama do chains but you do see the top teams do stickers.

Ohio State has the buckeye stickers, dog bones are appearing on Georgia's helmets, paw prints on Clemson's and tomahawks on those of Florida State, just to name a few.

You award them after a game for exemplary performance for great tackles, teamwork, long runs, flawless execution, takeaways, etc.
TCU could have tiny little Horned frog stickers. Or purple dots or little Texas flags, or something. Its classy and players want to look like they are contributing and the baddest guy of the bunch.
Some of you people need to get with the times

https://tdalabamamag.com/2018/10/03/alabama-clears-up-the-mystery-of-the-turnover-hardware/

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2018/09/11/ranking-college-footballs-top-turnover-gimmicks/amp/

Last edited:

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
GP is not getting out-schemed. He knows plenty well what to do, but his players haven't caught on. Of course with would't be the FFF unless every year posters declare that the other coaches have "exposed" GP's defense, that we need to do what the other guys do.

EVERY FREEKING YEAR!!!

Have none of you been paying attention the last 19 years? His only defensive failing is that the players need to be too experienced to play it.

Fix the offense and we will be fine. NOBODY is shutting down a good offense nowadays. You gotta do some scoring on your own.
GP is so predictable now. Hell, other teams have our signals because he doesn't change them.

Limey Frog

We would have to wear the same helmets every week though, so...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
C'mon! A chain?!? Everybody is doing a chain! DO something different!

A big Purple Chrome Sherriff's Hat! (One size fits most...)

A small, extremely fragile ballerina made of spun glass! (That'll get rid of that tradition in about 15 seconds...)

The Cone of Triumph! (O.K. So we picked it up at the local Vet's office on the way in to the Stadium and hurriedly spray-painted it out back. Doesn't matter! It's the thought that counts!)

4 Oaks Frog

A small, extremely fragile ballerina made of spun glass! (That'll get rid of that tradition in about 15 seconds...)

The Cone of Triumph! (O.K. So we picked it up at the local Vet's office on the way in to the Stadium and hurriedly spray-painted it out back. Doesn't matter! It's the thought that counts!)
I’m thinking more along the lines of the Groucho nose and mustache glasses. Or perhaps, a Powdered Wig...
GO FROGS!
BEAT KSU!
Spit Blood ~<<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

WIN

Pimp stick went well for aggie.

helcap

Pimp stick went well for aggie.
My all time favorite, especially after featuring it in the first half against UCLA, and then blowing a 34 pt lead in the second half

scepter.0.jpg