• The KillerFrogs

WEEK 8 - Other Games

We were favored in that game IIRC, and we barely beat them (with a big comeback) with one of our better teams.

Strange post
Well, it wasn't meant to be a strange post. They were ranked ahead of us going into that game. Jet and and I'm pretty sure a starter in the secondary was out, Turpin was hurt in the game, I believe we were missing a couple of other people but maybe I'm mistaken--sometimes the number of injuries we seem to have run together over time. It was a comeback win but they didn't look particularly good, the offense and Hill in particular were completely awful the first half.

Wexahu

one big thing that has happened that has impacted the perception is i don't recall a network hammering away with the idea that the single most important part of the college season is making the cfp and directing conversation after conversation after conversation about who "is in and who is out"

the conversations have always been around, but i don't ever recall on a national level broadcasters talking about how an entire conference (i.e. the pac) really doesn't matter in the cfp.

And to your point, I strongly believe that CFP expansion is going to water down the rest of college football. I don’t think it will be intentional and I don’t think it will happen overnight, but over time the only thing the media will cover will be CFP talk, and those schools that aren’t in that conversation will be afterthoughts. The divide between the haves and the have nots will become wider and wider, it won’t be the other way around.

Classic case IMO of be careful what you wish for if you are a fan of schools like TCU.

ShreveFrog

First casualty of expanded playoffs would be fan and team interest in conference championship games. Similar to NCAA basketball and baseball now. If you're in the top 8, and can't really improve your seed, why ball out in a ccg? Especially against a team you might face again in the playoffs? You could sit guys and the con-mittee wouldn't hold it against you.

MTfrog5

And to your point, I strongly believe that CFP expansion is going to water down the rest of college football. I don’t think it will be intentional and I don’t think it will happen overnight, but over time the only thing the media will cover will be CFP talk, and those schools that aren’t in that conversation will be afterthoughts. The divide between the haves and the have nots will become wider and wider, it won’t be the other way around.

Classic case IMO of be careful what you wish for if you are a fan of schools like TCU.
I think if they go to 6 teams without every P5 champ getting an invite then your point will be accurate. If they go to 8 with 5 P5 champs, then the conference games will start to mean more again