• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Frogs expect improvement after bye week

Eight

The offense just needs to show it can score. They are inconsistent and there is not much balance with only one receiver stepping it up to be an option outside of Reagor.

not as much as having receivers step up as staying healthy.

it appears that being the second receiver for tcu this year has been about as dangerous as being a drummer for spinal tap.

barber - hurt?

heights - hurt?

thomas - hurt?

crap - did i just kaylee hartung tre'vailance?

ftwfrog

The negative comments ( we are all free to make them) aren't worth a bucket of spit and don't help anything.
Let's wait until all hope is gone later in the season, then I think GP and the staff are fair game--don't think that will happen.
Truth be told, positive, negative and neutral comments on this board aren’t worth a bucket of spit. Really hope that nobody of importance reads what’s on the board, during the good times or the times when we [ Finebaum ] down our leg.

LSU Game Attendee

Well thought, and it's so true, and I was thinking the same about OU as they were taking down Texas - not run and gun all the time. One other thing, Hurts consistently took real deep drops, real deep, and when he scrambled it seemed to leave more of an open field and the Texas defensive line was too tired and slow to catch him covering that much ground.

Bottom line to all of this, Riley is just good.
That, and Hurts is enormous, fast, and experienced, and OU has one of the most talented offensive lines in the country that is coached up like no other team in exploiting the line between no flag and flag for holding.

Portland Frog

That, and Hurts is enormous, fast, and experienced, and OU has one of the most talented offensive lines in the country that is coached up like no other team in exploiting the line between no flag and flag for holding.

who is the OL coach there? LR rightfully so gets a lot of credit. But that OL year after year is rock solid. Impressive.

TAINTed frog

DMN: Frogs expect improvement after bye week
giphy.gif

Froggish

who is the OL coach there? LR rightfully so gets a lot of credit. But that OL year after year is rock solid. Impressive.

OL Coach at OU is Bill Bedenbaugh and is widely regrdled as the best OL coach in the country. He actually has been the Co-OC since 2017 and prior to Stoops hiring him 2013 he was with Holgy at WVU for a few years....

Paint It Purple

Truth be told, positive, negative and neutral comments on this board aren’t worth a bucket of spit. Really hope that nobody of importance reads what’s on the board, during the good times or the times when we [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] down our leg.
You are so right. Coming on here for real wisdom or truth is like going to CNN for real journalistic news.

Leap Frog

I thought we expected to be good in the first week of September.

As to @Leap Frog's comment above; yes, we're all rooting for improvement and will be thrilled to see it. If TCU is playing a game, I'll be watching and cheering for a W. Heck, I just arranged a flight time for next Saturday specifically around the principle that I will not be in the air while the Frogs are playing Texas. I'm spending about five hours in an airport-adjacent sports bar while I wait for Mrs. Limey to follow on a later flight just so that I can watch TCU, even though I know there's a decent chance we'll get drubbed. Crazy? Jerk? Terrible husband? I don't know, but I love my Frogs.

Negative comments may not do much to help, but at some level disgruntled fanbases are a catalyst for change. If you just cheerfully accept unprepared teams without complaint, that breeds a culture of mediocrity. I'll always be a TCU fan, but I'll never passively accept mediocre TCU football without comment. So far, we suck. I'm not happy about that.

Good comment, Limey, and no one should take away your right to say how you feel-- certainly, not me!
All I'm saying is let's give Gary the benefit of seeing if he can right the ship-- nothing should be done til then.
I saw Abe Martin's great 1956 team lose 2 games in a row, and his image was hung in effigy on the campus.
After the perp was located and his behind kicked by the players, the frogs won 5 games, finished ranked and played in the Cotton Bowl vs. Syracuse and won that game. Who knows how this season will play out? It could be very interesting.

Limey Frog

Good comment, Limey, and no one should take away your right to say how you feel-- certainly, not me!
All I'm saying is let's give Gary the benefit of seeing if he can right the ship-- nothing should be done til then.
I saw Abe Martin's great 1956 team lose 2 games in a row, and his image was hung in effigy on the campus.
After the perp was located and his behind kicked by the players, the frogs won 5 games, finished ranked and played in the Cotton Bowl vs. Syracuse and won that game. Who knows how this season will play out? It could be very interesting.

That's entirely fair, and it's one of the great things about football (and why I love it in a way I can never love baseball). Because there are so few games each one of them matters so much: lose a head-scratcher and it feels like the sky is falling; knock off Texas and you're right back in the thick of it. A week on Sunday if we're unexpectedly sitting at 5-2, it's game on and everyone will be taunting the pessimists like me with "what say you now?" posts. I'll be the first to welcome it. As I've said elsewhere, GP's track record of in-season defensive improvement speaks for itself. Right now it feels like his 2019 defense would be clueless if they played 100 games, but if he turns them around I won't be surprised. I'm just anxious for it to happen two weeks ago.

And as impatient as I am, I'll also be the first to acknowledge that TCU old-guards like yourself have suffered through far worse for far longer: kudos to you. I'm approaching 40 and I've cheered devotedly my whole life for an English soccer team that has been a perennial source of disappointment and misery. It's rough. Here's hoping our Frogs get back to rewarding you for decades of patience; hopefully they get back to that tomorrow.

Last edited:

LisaLT

I thought we expected to be good in the first week of September.

As to @Leap Frog's comment above; yes, we're all rooting for improvement and will be thrilled to see it. If TCU is playing a game, I'll be watching and cheering for a W. Heck, I just arranged a flight time for next Saturday specifically around the principle that I will not be in the air while the Frogs are playing Texas. I'm spending about five hours in an airport-adjacent sports bar while I wait for Mrs. Limey to follow on a later flight just so that I can watch TCU, even though I know there's a decent chance we'll get drubbed. Crazy? Jerk? Terrible husband? I don't know, but I love my Frogs.

Negative comments may not do much to help, but at some level disgruntled fanbases are a catalyst for change. If you just cheerfully accept unprepared teams without complaint, that breeds a culture of mediocrity. I'll always be a TCU fan, but I'll never passively accept mediocre TCU football without comment. So far, we suck. I'm not happy about that.

Well said.