• The KillerFrogs

alliance air show question

Limp Lizard

I get to see bits of the Blue Angels practicing from my home (about 5-6 miles south of Alliance airport). Today, as last year, I heard a different-sounding prop plane overhead and looked out. A long, silver 4-engine prop plane. Sure looked like a B-29 to me (from pictures, I was a toddler the last time those were around). Is there one at the show? I have looked at similar vintage plane pictures, don't see anything close. Whatever, 4 big prop engines definitely sound different.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
'Fifi' gets flown around every so often. I believe many of the Warbirds maintain their upkeep by providing rides to the paying public. I know that they do such flights out of the Museum down here in Houston with both a B-17G and a lovely B-25. Runs about $400.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
'Fifi' gets flown around every so often. I believe many of the Warbirds maintain their upkeep by providing rides to the paying public. I know that they do such flights out of the Museum down here in Houston with both a B-17G and a lovely B-25. Runs about $400.

Yeah, that’s what the one was doing in Connecticut when it crashed...

I’d love to fly in one, but not sure I’d want to trust any 80 something year old to carry me.