• The KillerFrogs

OT-TCU on Today Show

Frogs1983

Toured Campus with my Daughter last Spring, Campus Dorms have come a long way from back when I was at TCU. Very, very nice.

Brog

Whatever they do, nothing will ever beat old Barracks W as a place to live. Barracks X, Y and Z tried to compete with us, but never could.

YA

How is sliding down the list to #97 on U.S. News and World Report fiction?? TCU can spin it anyway they want. If TCU were a better quality school this would not have happened. Value just ain't there.
Because US News and World Report reclassified some regional school to national schools and that changed the ratings in the National top 100.

Zubaz

It isn’t an excuse when it is verifiable truth. Truth shall set you free.
Deep said that TCU on the peak of sliding out of the Top 100 was "a fiction". It is not. What you're doing is trying to explain why TCU is close to sliding out of the Top 100 and why it may not necessarily reflect a decrease in the education quality...but it doesn't change the fact that our ranking has dropped.

YA

Deep said that TCU on the peak of sliding out of the Top 100 was "a fiction". It is not. What you're doing is trying to explain why TCU is close to sliding out of the Top 100 and why it may not necessarily reflect a decrease in the education quality...but it doesn't change the fact that our ranking has dropped.
I agree 100%. The only remedy is TCU medical school after many decades getting a reputation and increasing graduate programs.

Deep Purple

If USN&WR is your only source for gauging the top 100, you're ignoring an entire universe of academic rankings and comparisons of which USN&WR is probably the least reliable -- or at least among the least reliable. Here are a few facts you're ignoring:
  • The data in the USN&WR rankings is self-reported by each school and is not independently verified. Any school can make any claim it wants and there is no one to either confirm or contest it.
  • The average qualifying SAT/ACT scores of entering TCU freshmen are the highest in history, and certainly higher than when anyone on this board entered TCU.
  • The current enrollment includes three Fulbright scholars, 51 Phi Beta Kappas, and 2,650 merit scholars.
  • From 2010 to 2019, TCU received 18,000-20,000 applications per year for 1,500-1,800 admission slots. For 2019-20, some 20,000 applied for 2,200 admission slots. TCU has never been more selective in admissions than it is now, and in Texas, we trail only Rice University in selectivity.
Those who place so much weight on the USN&WR rankings alone remind me of folks who take People magazine's "Sexiest Stars in Hollywood" issue as gospel.