• The KillerFrogs

There’s football tonight...South Alabama vs Troy.

Wexahu

This can only mean Tuesday-Wednesday MACaction double headers will start soon too. Nothing like watching [ Finebaum ]ty football played in [ Finebaum ]ty weather in [ Finebaum ]ty 20% full stadiums to make it through the mid-week doldrums. Nice little fixes for gambling addicts.

Billy Clyde

Was it South Alabama where they killed football and then brought it back? I seem to recall that being a really, really shady deal in their legislature because the big boy boosters didn't want any hint of fan interest for another school in-state.

Chongo94

With the leader of the push to have them drop football being Paul Bryant Jr

Yeah, once they started getting good, the Bama powerbrokers started getting a little tight around the collar it seemed, and for no reason.

Bama is Bama, even with UAB being good, they wouldn’t have really impacted Bama’s footprint in Birmingham that much.

helcap

This can only mean Tuesday-Wednesday MACaction double headers will start soon too. Nothing like watching [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty football played in [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty weather in [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty 20% full stadiums to make it through the mid-week doldrums. Nice little fixes for gambling addicts.
Ohio State fans are such elitists

AustinFrog

Yeah, once they started getting good, the Bama powerbrokers started getting a little tight around the collar it seemed, and for no reason.

Bama is Bama, even with UAB being good, they wouldn’t have really impacted Bama’s footprint in Birmingham that much.

UTA football had the same fate for the same reason with a brand new on campus stadium.

Bob

I don't think anyone on here needs to be dissing somebody else's team at this stage. Didn't Troy beat LSU a couple of years ago. Troy has a losing record, but what would TCU have if we had opened up with somebody stout insead of Arkansas Pine Bluff. I guess what 'm saying is don't get confused with some of the moron fans bases at Aggieville or Welfare U.

Mean Purple

So, this is as good a thread as any for this...

I remember when Thursday nights were usually good coverage for some D2 schools. Usually on the Fox regional channels. Some on ESPN. Could see Southland Conf. games, etc. Now you hardly see them at all.

Anybody else remember that? I miss seeing those games. McNeese was always fun to watch on those. SFA always seemed to have a kicker who make it from the next area code.