• The KillerFrogs

We are favored by 3 against Kansas State

LVH

LVH, do you have updated odds for the rest of the year?

I dont get them until Wednesday when the internal GOTY updates come out

GOTY lines are lines we keep for games that are not being played this week - some of these lines are released for the public to bet on. Lines for these games are kept for all upcoming games but only a handful are released for public betting, usually the big ones

If I had to guess I would think we are not as close to Texas as we were a week ago - they are probably closer to 2 or 3 point favorites now.

Probably still favored over Baylor. Not sure I can say the same about Texas Tech.

Double digit favorites over WVU now. They suck

TX_Krötenechse

I think our safety and linebacker play will continue to get better and we’ll have a decent LB group and safety group by end of year. But I just don’t know what path forward there is for our DEs... they are quite literally historically bad. All DEs together have 1 total sack (if I remember correctly) against a schedule that includes Kansas, SMU, and APB ... not exactly the best offensive lines in the country.

Eight

I think our safety and linebacker play will continue to get better and we’ll have a decent LB group and safety group by end of year. But I just don’t know what path forward there is for our DEs... they are quite literally historically bad. All DEs together have 1 total sack (if I remember correctly) against a schedule that includes Kansas, SMU, and APB ... not exactly the best offensive lines in the country.

i don't know why people continue to take swipes at smu.

their offensive line has given up 6 sacks in 6 games and they have thrown the ball over 200 times.

TX_Krötenechse

i don't know why people continue to take swipes at smu.

their offensive line has given up 6 sacks in 6 games and they have thrown the ball over 200 times.
Their offensive line is fine, maybe the best in the G5. It is also, at the absolute best, maybe the third or fourth best on our schedule.

JugbandFrog

I
You can’t judge a DE based on sacks alone. They are bad in multiple phases of the game.
The worst part is how they get run up the field and past the quarterback which opens up the QB run when the coverage is good. We will continue to see that with all the mobile quarterbacks in our conference.

4th. down

Guess if KSU, on the road, can beat a 3-3 Miss St.(who beat UK by 15 pts)... they could very feasibly beat us in Manhattan.

Well, again we were sold a bill of goods in late August like the year before. Mucho blah, blah, blah, coming from Gary about Delton, how the defense was looking, Sandy can punt the ball into the next county, etc. I've finally, finally, learned that if Gary is not pissed off, we are in trouble. Way too much bs for public consumption coming from him in Aug. '18 and this year.

asleep003

If Sandy could start punting again like he did in the Purdue game, that would be a great weapon the rest of the season. 3-4 Boilermaker fans thought he was the best punter they had ever seen in their stadium.

LVH

GOTY lines

+2 vs Texas

+5 at Oklahoma State

-2.5 vs. Baylor

-1.5 at Texas Tech

+17 at Oklahoma

-11.5 vs. West Virginia

Westgate came out with some GOTY lines today for 3 of these games and 2 of them differ quite a few from what we have internally, which to me indicates Westgate is shading their lines to set traps

+4.5 vs Texas

+22.5 at Oklahoma

-11.5 vs. West Virginia

Limp Lizard

I

You can’t judge a DE based on sacks alone. They are bad in multiple phases of the game.
The worst part is how they get run up the field and past the quarterback which opens up the QB run when the coverage is good. We will continue to see that with all the mobile quarterbacks in our conference.
Yes, because,we never, ever improve on defense as the year progresses.
Give me a break.

LVH

What’s the process for betting your mortgage on the UT +2 line?

You can get Texas -4.5 at the Westgate right now. They are shading though. Shading is when they add some extra points onto the obvious public favorite knowing they can get away with it.

TX_Krötenechse

Yes, because,we never, ever improve on defense as the year progresses.
Give me a break.
Improve, sure. But our DEs are, like I said, historically bad. I don’t think we’ve ever been this bad at DE in Gary’s tenure. The stats show it but even more so they fail the eyeball test on every single play. They don’t keep their assignments, they have no technique, they don’t pressure the QB, they don’t contain, and they don’t play with effort, let alone heart.

cant believe I actually bought that Mathis was going to be such a force on the outside this season

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Improve, sure. But our DEs are, like I said, historically bad. I don’t think we’ve ever been this bad at DE in Gary’s tenure. The stats show it but even more so they fail the eyeball test on every single play. They don’t keep their assignments, they have no technique, they don’t pressure the QB, they don’t contain, and they don’t play with effort, let alone heart.

cant believe I actually bought that Mathis was going to be such a force on the outside this season
Fundamentals stink all across the board, not just DBs. I don't know just why we have seen such a drop off in basic football fundamentals, but it is probably the lack of practice time at lower levels and lack of contact. TCU used to always excel in the basic fundamentals, especially tackling. That just isn't there anymore.

We have a lot of problems with basic player evaluation.