• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

SnoSki

I don’t understand the mentality that says that hitters are supposed to just ignore it if pitchers are tipping what they’re about to throw. Seen this posted several times on twitter.

Shouldn’t the pitchers just get better or is this another one of those weird “unwritten” rules?

FBallFan123

I don’t understand the mentality that says that hitters are supposed to just ignore it if pitchers are tipping what they’re about to throw. Seen this posted several times on twitter.

Shouldn’t the pitchers just get better or is this another one of those weird “unwritten” rules?

Who’s saying hitters shouldn’t be looking for it?

Ron Swanson

I haven’t seen anyone say that. Most people are giving the Astros props for being.... fill in the blank adjectives

SnoSki

I haven’t seen anyone say that. Most people are giving the Astros props for being.... fill in the blank adjectives
That’s good. Maybe it’s just a few weirdos I’ve run across or maybe I’ve just misunderstood. I wouldn’t think that catching on to tipping would be considered shady.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Non-humble brag. :) Seriously, that will be epic if it happens. I lol'd at the Yankee fans last night, right after losing the game, surrounding the broadcast set chanting, "Houston Sucks!" What a buncha tools.
Heh. Mrs. Brewingfrog and I were cracking up a couple of years ago when the World Series between the Cubs and Indians was going on, and after a Cubs win in Cleveland, the crowd surrounding the outfield FOX commentators booth were all chanting "JOE BUCK SUCKS! JOE BUCK SUCKS!"

Something upon which I believe we can all agree...

Billy Clyde

Heh. Mrs. Brewingfrog and I were cracking up a couple of years ago when the World Series between the Cubs and Indians was going on, and after a Cubs win in Cleveland, the crowd surrounding the outfield FOX commentators booth were all chanting "JOE BUCK SUCKS! JOE BUCK SUCKS!"

Something upon which I believe we can all agree...

Ha, he doesn't really move the needle for me much, wouldn't argue either way. But, I have absolutely loved his appearances on Brockmire. Just brilliant. Also Costas. The bit about his pink eye at the Olympics made me laugh so hard I cried.

Purp

Would surprise me if they did that. Would think they'd want to save him for a Game 7 back in Houston.
I'd use him before Game 7 if he's available, especially on full rest. Game 6 would be Saturday so it would be one day early if he went in game 6, but I'd still consider it. If you have a chance to win the series in Game 6 at home you throw your best guy and go win the series in 6. He's the best pitcher going in the game right now.