• The KillerFrogs

Kansas State Press Conference

kidkarr

This is taking it a bit far, but...... we constantly hear things like the wet field comment, or the GP didn’t know Collins was available comment, or the not sure how far our kickers can kick a ball comment...... Gary seems so totally obsessed with the defense and his odd infatuation with keeping things a secret that at times it’s like we don’t even have a head coach. Good head coaches deal with this kind of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and they don’t screw it up.
Almost cost us the Rose Bowl. “Wet field”

Froggish

This is taking it a bit far, but...... we constantly hear things like the wet field comment, or the GP didn’t know Collins was available comment, or the not sure how far our kickers can kick a ball comment...... Gary seems so totally obsessed with the defense and his odd infatuation with keeping things a secret that at times it’s like we don’t even have a head coach. Good head coaches deal with this kind of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and they don’t screw it up.

If a coach spends 70-80 hours a week working on coach stuff, I am more and more convinced that GP is a head coach for only about 20% of that time...In fact I think he is so comfortable operating in that roll he can’t afford to bring in new coaches that might upset his routine...I truly believe it’s a big problem in the program

4th. down

If a coach spends 70-80 hours a week working on coach stuff, I am more and more convinced that GP is a head coach for only about 20% of that time...In fact I think he is so comfortable operating in that roll he can’t afford to bring in new coaches that might upset his routine...I truly believe it’s a big problem in the program

^ This is our State of the Union, IMO.

Moose Stuff

Is this true? No idea. But I damn sure can’t say any of of this is definitely wrong.

robbroyy

GP always says dumb stuff that should be obvious to a noob coach and certainly should have happened scores of times with a coach of his tenure, but he's always surprised/unprepared for all these "unique" situations.

GP would NEVER survive at a school where the media would hold his feet to the fire and ask the hard questions. One presser would be the end of it.
You mean how he used the signal excuse last year and said this spring they were revamping all their signals only to say again this year that people knew his signals.

4th. down

Grass was wet, we should have planned better...

Smash mouth is how we should play, but we haven’t...

Okay, so what now?

Maybe we should disregard about 90% of what GP says.

He has put out so much misinformation over the last 2 years, he's becoming difficult to believe on anything. Why would he make statements like not prepared for wet grass and signals? What is he really covering up with this misdirection? Rain was in the forecast for a week and he already knew of the long thick grass but we didn't have the right shoes, kinda like the Rose Bowl. They are stealing our signals again..........really, thought you just changed them in the Spring, did you forget to do that?

Horny 4 Life

Maybe we should disregard about 90% of what GP says.

He has put out so much misinformation over the last 2 years, he's becoming difficult to believe on anything. Why would he make statements like not prepared for wet grass and signals? What is he really covering up with this misdirection? Rain was in the forecast for a week and he already knew of the long thick grass but we didn't have the right shoes, kinda like the Rose Bowl. They are stealing our signals again..........really, thought you just changed them in the Spring, did you forget to do that?

I think those statements occur too frequently, but I also think they are true about 20% of the time. I think the statements are intended to distract from the players performance and put all the heat on Gary. It's better for the fans and media to spend time focusing on Gary not being able to change his signals than talking about how badly a certain LB/DE/CB/WR/RB/QB played.