• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs USC Basketball Tickets @ Dickies Arena...

tcumaniac

Ticket requests for this game for season ticket holders must be submitted and paid for by this Friday. While I certainly intend on attending this game, I'm hesitant to request tickets through TCU because the tickets feel overpriced.

Playing in the new Dickies Area brings some draw, but it's not like there will be lines of people chomping at the bit to pay top dollar to watch TCU vs USC.

Tickets start at $30 for nose bleed, but for decent seats you're looking to pay $75 a pop. Seems hard to justify that for a regular season basketball game against a team that didn't even make the NCAA tournament last year. That's nearly 30% of the cost of an entire season ticket.

Curious what others on here planned to do? I'm tempted to just wait it out and buy through the secondary market.

Eight

Ticket requests for this game for season ticket holders must be submitted and paid for by this Friday. While I certainly intend on attending this game, I'm hesitant to request tickets through TCU because the tickets feel overpriced.

Playing in the new Dickies Area brings some draw, but it's not like there will be lines of people chomping at the bit to pay top dollar to watch TCU vs USC.

Tickets start at $30 for nose bleed, but for decent seats you're looking to pay $75 a pop. Seems hard to justify that for a regular season basketball game against a team that didn't even make the NCAA tournament last year. That's nearly 30% of the cost of an entire season ticket.

Curious what others on here planned to do? I'm tempted to just wait it out and buy through the secondary market.

saw on the website for the dickies arena that tickets for the texas - atm game the next night range from $25-200 though there are some good seats for $75 available through ticketmaster.

being that the seating on the arena has the second decked tiered over the top of the first section of seating i agree with baby face and wait until closer to game day and see if prices come down a bit.

if the seat simulator is accurate at all the view from the second section should not be bad in the event there is an unexpected surge of tickers for the game.

tcumaniac

saw on the website for the dickies arena that tickets for the texas - atm game the next night range from $25-200 though there are some good seats for $75 available through ticketmaster.

being that the seating on the arena has the second decked tiered over the top of the first section of seating i agree with baby face and wait until closer to game day and see if prices come down a bit.

if the seat simulator is accurate at all the view from the second section should not be bad in the event there is an unexpected surge of tickers for the game.
Where are you seeing the seat simulator?

Billy Clyde

I signed up for floor seats, but not sure how well I understand the process. Have no idea when/if I will get my seats assigned, or if I will have the option to accept or decline. Only thing I recall is they will be mailed out the week before the game. $100 each, expensive, but for a one-time deal I'm ok with it.

Frogenstein

If you don’t get the requested seats (assigned by priority points) then they bump you down to the lower priced seats and refund the difference.

Billy Clyde

If you don’t get the requested seats (assigned by priority points) then they bump you down to the lower priced seats and refund the difference.

Hmmmmm... Sounds like a potential recipe to get scrod, especially if those that opt for the lesser-priced seats get to select before I get bumped.

YA

George Strait on the second level and TCU on floor seats are what I got.

GS sold out and the TCU game will be lucky if 5k show up. Buy TCU on the day of or from other ticket options.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Hmmmmm... Sounds like a potential recipe to get scrod, especially if those that opt for the lesser-priced seats get to select before I get bumped.
That’s not how it works. You only get bumped by other people that paid for floor seats that have more priority points than you. If enough do you get bumped. If not you’re fine.

Billy Clyde

That’s not how it works. You only get bumped by other people that paid for floor seats that have more priority points than you. If enough do you get bumped. If not you’re fine.

So then how will they assign seats above floor level if those get sold out? You're saying the people who paid for floor will be assigned the best non-floor seats before those become available to those who paid for the next lower price tier? Even if the second-tier buyers have more priority points?

tcumaniac

So then how will they assign seats above floor level if those get sold out? You're saying the people who paid for floor will be assigned the best non-floor seats before those become available to those who paid for the next lower price tier? Even if the second-tier buyers have more priority points?
TCU will give you the best seat location based on your priority points up to the highest tier of seat you’re willing to pay for. If you request $100 floor seats and those fill up before it’s your turn, you will be given $75 seats and refunded the difference. If someone originally requested $75 seats and have more priority points than you, they’ll get better $75 seats than you do.

Another way to think about it. TCU will start at the very highest priority point account, look at their request, and assign that account the best seats available up to the tier they expressed a willingness to pay for. They will continue doing that in order. If they get to your account and you requested floor seats, but floor seats are already full, they’ll give you the best available $75 seats that are left. There’s a good chance that people with more priority points than you only requested $75 seats. By the time they get to your account, those people have already been assigned their $75 seat locations.

Make sense?

Last edited:

mwe2187

Definitely want to go, definitely overpriced. If they come down below the $20 a piece range im more likely to go.

We'll see what the third-party market does closer to the event.

Tre J

Go
George Strait on the second level and TCU on floor seats are what I got.

GS sold out and the TCU game will be lucky if 5k show up. Buy TCU on the day of or from other ticket options.
Got into a suite for both. #humblebrag

Brog

Can't help but wonder who sets the prices for this game. First game ever in Dickies Arena, Fort Worth's new pride and joy. Big local DFW story.Two big universities playing. Not a gimme game. Looks like they (whoever "they" is) would want a full house celebration, and would offer tickets at a "sell out" price. Give TCU students two or three thousand tickets. Give local high school basketball programs a few thousand tickets. Make everything above floor level, at least, chock full. But again, who makes this decision?

tcumaniac

Yeah. I was tempted to buy through TCU bc I’m a season ticket holder for basketball and likely would have gotten some pretty good seats. But I just can’t justify the cost. Think I’ll be able to find tickets for much cheaper in the secondary market.

Billy Clyde

TCU will give you the best seat location based on your priority points up to the highest tier of seat you’re willing to pay for. If you request $100 floor seats and those fill up before it’s your turn, your will be given $75 seats and refunded the difference. If someone originally requested $75 seats and have more priority points than you, they’ll get better $75 seats than your do.

Another way to think about it. TCU will start at the very highest priority point account, look at their request, and assign that account the best seats available up to the tier they expressed a willingness to pay for. They will continue doing that in order. If they get to your account and you requested floor seats, but floor seats are already full, they’ll give you the best available $75 seats that are left. There’s a good chance that people with more priority points than you only requested $75 seats. By the time they get to your account, those people have already been assigned their $75 seat locations.

Make sense?

Unfortunately, yes. Makes sense that we wind committed to seats that aren't great, even though that's what I thought I'd get. Hate to have such a loser attitude about it, but after the +4 abortion, I expect bad seats when priority points are involved.

SuperTFrog

If our bowl game or Jerry World seat allocation is any indication, I’m buying on the secondary market. I have been to WAY to many bowl/neutral site games and sat in crappy seats. Big 12 title game was the same. Just buy the day before on stub hub and you’ll get way better seats for a fraction of the price. I love TCU but we get screwed on ticket prices for this kind of thing.