• The KillerFrogs

Two games

Eight

using one game as a measuring stick is always an accurate yardstick for gauging a team and even more impactful when comparing teams.

for example, back in the early part of september how many people were sure maryland was an offensive machine as the rolled for 63 points on syracuse (whose only thing i can determine were thought to be worth a [ Finebaum ] this years is 2/3 of the talking heads covering sports graduated from syracuse) .

last weekend syracuse got rolled by purdue 40-14 and the freshman quarterback who looked absolutely clueless against tcu threw for over 400 yards against the early season juggernaut that is maryland.

tcu is an average at best team right now and they have some really big issues they need to deal with, but the more i watch of this year the more i see that is the norm for some reason in college football and in the end finding a way to stay in games seems to be the way to survive anymore.

Limp Lizard

Year after year we improve the second half on Defense. It will be OK. Offense has rarely shown improvement the second half of the season, however. What I hope for is for the defense to respond like it almost always (17 out of 18 years) does and the offense will at least not lose the game with turnovers. Or maybe there will also be a huge turnaround on the offense and it will become mediocre.

My big fear is the defense losing heart.

Snoop1122

I am not giving up on this season yet. If the defense can come on like they do in the second half of the year and the offense can at least be decent maybe we can at least get to 7-5. It really will not look good on the program if we have consecutive losing seasons.

PO Frog

I am not giving up on this season yet. If the defense can come on like they do in the second half of the year and the offense can at least be decent maybe we can at least get to 7-5. It really will not look good on the program if we have consecutive losing seasons.
Did I miss a couple of losses last year, or are you chalking up next year as a losing season?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SMU is just SMU. They're not particularly good, and they had no business getting away with what they did, time and time again. To see what was considered a promising, if not special Frog team just get gutted like a fish time and time again by trick-play gambles, simple read-option runs and deep balls was absolutely demoralizing. I mean, nobody saw this coming? That the former Program Observer would use what he Observed and use it to beat us? Well, Shazam!

The complete and total lack of preparation on the part of the Staff, coupled with a complete and total lack of focus on the part of the players. Not something we are used to. Something we thought we'd never see again this season.

Wrong!

After the ISU debacle, when the Offense woke up and dragged themselves within striking distance in the 4th Quarter, when the Defense needed to hold so we could get the ball back and pull within 3... ISU blew through them like crap through a goose. 6 plays. TD. Game over.

Now, with these stunning failures staring us in the face, and the knowledge that our dedicated and brilliant Coaching Staff has been staying up nights trying to improve matters (Bigger hammers? Titanium drill bits? Explosives?), who among us believes things will improve this upcoming Saturday? Things devolved after Purdue. Kansas was an unexpected cakewalk, thanks to their Senior RB stabbing his teammates in the back a day before the game. And ISU was a re-hash of the SMU debacle. We haven't been able to get out of our own way on either side of the ball, and whatever they have been working on in practice is evidently not getting it done. K. State isn't exactly the cream of the BIGXII, and the best advantage one could say they possess is they're playing at home. Beyond that, they are just as screwed up as the Frogs, winning at Starkville and then stumbling in their last two tilts against Ok St and the Rapists. Oh, and it's Harley Day in the Little Apple. They get a twin-cylinder advantage...

K-State is a winnable game for us, if we don't take a dump and fall over backwards like we've been doing. Call it a tossup. Past that, things look awfully bleak for a Frog team that can't figure out their identity on offense (or execute for whole halves of games), and can't seem to stop anybody with a pulse on defense. Beat UT ("They're back!" -ESPN)? Win in Stoolwater? Stop the Rapists' passing attack? Win on the road in Lubbock ("Superfrog knocked unconscious by Giant Tortilla! Film at 11!")? Win the next week on the road in Norman? Beat W.Va. on a short week at home after our defensive backfield runs it's legs off chasing OU receivers into the end zone?

We're staring 4-8 in the face. 5-7 if we're lucky. There's no dressing it up or putting make-up on it. We can't score points fast enough on offense to make up for what our normally stalwart defense is giving up. What was supposed to be our biggest strength in years, the Defensive Line, is a porous mess. Opponents are crafting their game plans to exploit these clear weaknesses, and we haven't got an answer for them.

Shop at NASA Liquors. Great selection of rums! I just stocked up on some Clement Cuvee Honore. I have a feeling I'm gonna need it...

Volare

Well the good thing is, this place turns into a ghost town when the season really goes into the toilet. Nobody will care, or if they do they won't be coming here to talk about it.