• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Skip Jansen

Check out page 9 and how many players the assistant coaches have put into the league.

IMO, There is not a better staff in the Big 12.

There are some great head coaches in the league, no doubt about it. But, when you consider that Ryan, Tony and Duane would all rank in the top 20 recruiters, in the country, that's pretty impressive.

Lucky to have everyone of them.

CountryFrog

it went good.

TCU won 68-67. Everybody got playing time. The top 8 all got 17 minutes plus. Defense played well with 8 steals.
Defense is what I'm most interested in with this team. I've been extremely disappointed in the lack of defense since Dixon got here after that was his calling card at Pitt for so many years. We've ranged from average to awful on that end.

Skip Jansen

Defense is what I'm most interested in with this team. I've been extremely disappointed in the lack of defense since Dixon got here after that was his calling card at Pitt for so many years. We've ranged from average to awful on that end.

Country-

I never will criticize a player publicly but TCU didn't have the ability to pressure the ball the last couple of years. That's where good defense starts. This team is a lot more athletic.

Skip Jansen

Thanks for posting this, Guardian.

Some of the highlights-

Starting Five-
-Ed
-RJ
-Des
-Diante
-Kev

-PG play was very good. Bello and Ed split mlnutes and both were productive. Ed had 13 points in 19 mins and Bello had 7 assists in 21 mins. And they didn't have but 1 TO each.
-Bane and Samuel both played well and look improved.
-The other Frosh were a little nervous but had their moments. PJ is pushing RJ for a starting spot.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Country-

I never will criticize a player publicly but TCU didn't have the ability to pressure the ball the last couple of years. That's where good defense starts. This team is a lot more athletic.
Totally agree, the lack of ball pressure was huge. It's kind of like not being able to generate any pass rush in football in the way it can cripple the rest of your defense.