• The KillerFrogs

WEEK 7 - Other Games Thread

bc puckett

Really? Always thought yellow was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] color. Can’t understand why teams that have classic unis would wear such crap. Interesting that you never see Alabama Clemson LSU etc change unis
Are you serious? LSU school
Really? Always thought yellow was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] color. Can’t understand why teams that have classic unis would wear such crap. Interesting that you never see Alabama Clemson LSU etc change unis
My God could you be more clueless Yes LSU colors are purple and yellow but since you are a genius and a disgrace to the name of Billy Clyde maybe you can tell me the last time they wore all yellow unis

Zubaz

My God could you be more clueless Yes LSU colors are purple and yellow but since you are a genius and a disgrace to the name of Billy Clyde maybe you can tell me the last time they wore all yellow unis
2016 vs Mississippi State, when they wore a special "throwback" alternate that you said they never do.

LVH

I guess anything can happen. Alabama is good but really hasn't played anyone that has a somewhat equal level of talent. What makes you think that?

Alabama has both a better offense and defense. LSU has opened up their offense which has them scoring points but their defense has suffered. Alabama playing at home also helps.

bc puckett

2016 vs Mississippi State, when they wore a special "throwback" alternate that you said they never do.
Congratulations you found a one off. My point which obviously eluded you and at least one other person on this board was that the top programs in the country don’t waste their time jerking around with unis they just win games. If you want confirmation of that check out next weeks top 10 and let me know how many of those teams need a thread on their message boards to announce their uniforms for the week

Moose Stuff

I don't think there is a good argument against the premise of what you've said on this topic. The program has more raw talent on the roster than at any point. There are some spots where we're paying the price for some recruiting misses and players who have had injuries keep them from contributing but outside of OU and UT, but we have an overall more talented roster than anyone in the conference. So why have we fallen so far and so fast that we lose to SMU and get dominated on both sides of the ball by Iowa State? I get the feeling that it's a combination of things but the overall talent level of the players on the roster is pretty far down the list.

I wouldn’t say we have a more talented roster than anyone in the conference. I think we have enough talent that we probably could/should have been 6-0 heading into UT though.

NewFrogFan

LSU wore all white against Vandy, the white helmet combos are awful.

NewFrogFan

Are you serious? LSU school

LSU is Purple and Gold, they have NEVER referred to the color yellow, ever.

Wexahu

Didn’t know where else to put this, but how long until pushing a runner for extra yards isn’t allowed anymore? Can’t believe it’s still legal, I think it’s to the point they need to do something about it, seeing it way too often.

Zubaz

Didn’t know where else to put this, but how long until pushing a runner for extra yards isn’t allowed anymore? Can’t believe it’s still legal, I think it’s to the point they need to do something about it, seeing it way too often.
What's the issue with it? Is it a player safety thing? It's part of rugby, right? As long as forward progress isn't stopped and the ball stays live (e.g. fumble is still in play) I don't really have a problem with it.

Wexahu

What's the issue with it? Is it a player safety thing? It's part of rugby, right? As long as forward progress isn't stopped and the ball stays live (e.g. fumble is still in play) I don't really have a problem with it.

It’s football, not rugby, and yes for one thing it’s a player safety issue. And refs aren’t blowing the whistle when runners are wrapped up and forward progress is stopped, that’s part of the problem. And you just know if a defender comes flying in late and blows up a pile before the whistle blows they are gonna be flagged for it. That’s really it, if they are gonna call all the unnecessary roughness penalties for the sake of protecting players you gotta help the defense out by blowing the whistle once they’ve done their job.

jake102

Not me. I think it’ll be a hell of a game. Pretty amazing the transformation of LSU in one year. I remember we were mocking Marshall and Chase for going there because they’d just be blocking all the time.

Safe to say they chose correctly

jake102

I generally think they should whistle it dead relatively quickly once a pile forms, regardless if the pile is moving forwards or backwards.

Zubaz

It’s football, not rugby, and yes for one thing it’s a player safety issue. And refs aren’t blowing the whistle when runners are wrapped up and forward progress is stopped, that’s part of the problem. And you just know if a defender comes flying in late and blows up a pile before the whistle blows they are gonna be flagged for it. That’s really it, if they are gonna call all the unnecessary roughness penalties for the sake of protecting players you gotta help the defense out by blowing the whistle once they’ve done their job.
Fair enough concern. I havent really seen a lot of plays stay live too far after forward progress has stopped, and I have yet to see the hypothetical PF for hitting that scrum late, so I guess I'm in wait and see mode. As long as multiple people are allowed to tackle / push back one runner, seems fair that the offense can likewise push the other direction.

Wexahu

Fair enough concern. I havent really seen a lot of plays stay live too far after forward progress has stopped, and I have yet to see the hypothetical PF for hitting that scrum late, so I guess I'm in wait and see mode. As long as multiple people are allowed to tackle / push back one runner, seems fair that the offense can likewise push the other direction.

But if the pile gets pushed backward they spot the ball where the farthest forward progress was reached. So the defense really isn’t allowed to push a runner backwards. Well, they can but it doesn’t do them any good. So it totally favors the offense. I’ve also seen many times where the runner gets the ball taken away from him but then the ref suddenly decides forward progress has been stopped.

I see plays stay alive after forward progress is stopped all the time.