• The KillerFrogs

OT- Current recs for streaming service?

InstaFrog

I've used Rokus (Ultra, TV), Fire TVs (4K is good/fast) and Nvidia Shield TV (fastest/best) and my one negative against Roku is the lack of an internet browser. If I need to watch HFTV or another college website stream, its a PITA with Roku and quality trying to cast is marginal at best. Have PS Vue now but it may be time to shop and compare.

asleep003

2 months and very happy with Hulu at $45 a month for only live service option offered. 70 channels with all the sports and most programming I'm interested in.

Only negative for my area is no NFLN nor Red Zone, which is OK for me. No ABC in my region, which I get off my digital antenna in another room.

Get everything else. The $28 Roku Express(Office Depot) has worked quite well. Researched all streaming services and Hulu was best overall value for my needs.
Found Sling TV to be the least interesting of the 1/2 dozen live streaming products researched, from a programing virtue.

The ease of operation... have no knowledge of any of the products vs one another.

Last edited:
No, most (all?) offer use on multiple TVs. I think my PSVue allows up to 5 at the same time. I like Vue but they just moved one of the channels I watch on occasion to the next-highest plan, so I am currently looking around to see what’s cheaper out there. Probably gonna check out the Hulu and Youtube free trials soon.

Pretty sure all the Hallmarks and OWN are still on the basic plan.

Yeah, and it comes with access to their on demand library as well (though with ads, I think, and I’ll tell you, the TV on demand feature of Vue is AWFUL...ridiculously long commercial breaks - like, 10 minutes - and no fast forward option). Hopefully Hulu is more reasonable.

It's usually 1:30-2 minutes for me. Since the DVR is all cloud-based I record nearly everything I might watch and I can FF through the commercials in 30 seconds.

Eight

I just heard that as well. Annoying that I have to switch. Filling out forms is the worst.

vogons.jpg