• The KillerFrogs

Interesting Note on Duggan

Billy Clyde

That's kinda what he did look like his first couple seasons at Bama. Then when he got benched he apparently got religion. If you look at what he did coming off the bench for them when Tua had taken over as starter, it's night and day. I'm guessing he found a quarterback coach in the offseason after getting benched.

Froggish

Duggan is a true Fr, 3 starts into his career, struggling and is already the best recruit we’ve had at the position since Boykin. Who incidentally wasn’t Cumbie’s recruit...Whoever labeled SC as QB whisperer couldn’t be further from the truth..

I also hate the narrative that Meach and Cumbie turned Boykin into a good QB. That kid was playing in brutally bad system and had 20 starts in his career before those two ever came to town..He largely got better because he was placed in a brand new, wide open, QB friendly system..

Experience and the system grew Boykin up..Hopefully it will do the same for Duggan. Unfortunately he doesn’t appear to be in a QB friendly system

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Duggan is a true Fr, 3 starts into his career, struggling and is already the best recruit we’ve had at the position since Boykin. Who incidentally wasn’t Cumbie’s recruit...Whoever labeled SC as QB whisperer couldn’t be further from the truth..

I also hate the narrative that Meach and Cumbie turned Boykin into a good QB. That kid was playing in brutally bad system and had 20 starts in his career before those two ever came to town..He largely got better because he was placed in a brand new, wide open, QB friendly system..

Experience and the system grew Boykin up..Hopefully it will do the same for Duggan. Unfortunately he doesn’t appear to be in a QB friendly system
Need a WR to step up for Duggan like Doctson did for Boykin

Limp Lizard

Freshman Boykin in this year's offense would already have thrown 10 int's. No int's is remarkable. Give him some support and Duggan will be amazing.
It also looks to me like Duggan is intentionally trying to soften his throws, often too much. Lost of short throws lately when before he would have fired the ball to the receiver or too tall. I like what I see in Duggan and in the individual performances overall. I don't like the execution of said offense, though.

To paraphrase Judge Stewart:
I shall not today attempt further to define a poor, talent-wasting offense, and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it.

Billy Clyde

Freshman Boykin in this year's offense would already have thrown 10 int's. No int's is remarkable. Give him some support and Duggan will be amazing.
It also looks to me like Duggan is intentionally trying to soften his throws, often too much. Lost of short throws lately when before he would have fired the ball to the receiver or too tall. I like what I see in Duggan and in the individual performances overall. I don't like the execution of said offense, though.

To paraphrase Judge Stewart:
I shall not today attempt further to define a poor, talent-wasting offense, and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it.

Will always give a "like" for a reference to a judge whose name contains "Pot."

Latest posts