• The KillerFrogs

Who would be the Coach?

TRF51

If Hawaii beats BSU tonight, which is very possible, their head coach (Rolovich) will start appearing on some of these lists. Their offense is EXPLOSIVE and fun to watch.

Froggish

If Hawaii beats BSU tonight, which is very possible, their head coach (Rolovich) will start appearing on some of these lists. Their offense is EXPLOSIVE and fun to watch.

Rolovich is well loved in Hawaii..He was the QB there in his playing days..He runs a pretty creative spread and loves to sling it..I lived in Hawaii for about 8 years back when he was playing there and he has always been a favorite of the locals..

BedfordFrog68

Cannot agree on Dan Sharp - who on the staff has more 1st. team all Big 12 than Sharp - he has mucho skins. Fire everyone else and stop hiring ex TCU players - we need fresh blood, thought, etc.

In the 1970-1980 era, many verbalized the idea that hiring from within was resulting in the program's decline.....

Frog-in-law1995

You are correct, but was just replying to immense talent recruits at the DE position which I agree, Fields was, but certainly not the others. Sharp came in after Blake and Hughes with 1st. team all Big 12 of Carraway, Boesen, Collier, and Banogu - to me, those qualify as skins.

What other position coach has had 4, 1st. team all Big 12 players since 2015?

OU QB coach?

NewFrogFan

Cannot agree on Dan Sharp - who on the staff has more 1st. team all Big 12 than Sharp - he has mucho skins. Fire everyone else and stop hiring ex TCU players - we need fresh blood, thought, etc.

What makes you think ex-players think like GP et all? I am around them every single home game and hear all kinds of ideas. I have also spoke with those that have coached here and you would be very surprised at what they say. Lastly, Andy Dalton is on the backside of his career as are a few others, you telling me they cant coach? This staff won 11 games 2 years ago, is every staff in the country that won less and did not win a bowl last year, on notice?

Tumbleweed

R U referring to Gary's defense only or R U talking about Gary's coaching the coach's, all players, plus game management plus .......?
Witnessed some pretty good coaching today on tv.

TRF51

Rolovich is well loved in Hawaii..He was the QB there in his playing days..He runs a pretty creative spread and loves to sling it..I lived in Hawaii for about 8 years back when he was playing there and he has always been a favorite of the locals..

Crazy, I also lived there for 8 years. His last two seasons there when he came in for Chang and I led after Hawaii made it to the Sugar bowl. I use to see Rolovich at Red Lion drinking beers. Talked with him a few times, down to earth dude.

Froggish

Crazy, I also lived there for 8 years. His last two seasons there when he came in for Chang and I led after Hawaii made it to the Sugar bowl. I use to see Rolovich at Red Lion drinking beers. Talked with him a few times, down to earth dude.

Crazy..I put away more than a few beers at the Red Lion..

TRF51

I left a lot rent money at Magoos
and Boston’s North End...If I was feeling particularly self loathing I would drink my weight at a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] hole called King’s Pub

Never been there. What was crazy is two of my classmates from Montana were bartenders at Magoos, throw that in with $5 pitchers made many of sick Sunday mornings.

Froggish

Nebraska fans are in full melt down mode

Taken from a Husker forum..In reference to paying Scott Frost 5M per year.

“..Chris Petersen, Jimbo Fisher, Will Muschamp, Dan Mullen, Kyle Whittingham, Brian Harson... any of these guys probably could've been had for that price at that time. Hell, I'd take Klieman at K-State over what we've got now. At least they play with fire and discipline”

ECoastFrog

Dumb question, maybe. How did OU know it was going to be great to hand the keys from Stoops to Riley? It seems they did not even do a search. Rarely, it seems, does that heralded, new coach end up being all he was cracked up to be. But Riley is just incredible. How did OU have such great insight and confidence? Just curious.

jake102

Dumb question, maybe. How did OU know it was going to be great to hand the keys from Stoops to Riley? It seems they did not even do a search. Rarely, it seems, does that heralded, new coach end up being all he was cracked up to be. But Riley is just incredible. How did OU have such great insight and confidence? Just curious.

I don’t really understand the question. It’s like 100x easier/less risk to hire within, you have had access to them every day for years. A coaching search and you get some interviews and references. Obviously it needs to be a positive relationship (Cumbie isn’t becoming our HC if GP retires).

4th. down

As for our alumnus and fans, we should now face reality after this weekend of watching the OU/TX and LSU/Fla. games and realize that without another brief Boykin era, we ain't going to get there. It's not necessarily the coaches or talent level, it's just a great big jump to that level. Our Peach Bowl team could compete, but it seems as though that was an outlier era. I thought we could replicate it going forward but now it seems like that was just wishful thinking.

Texas is only going to get better going forward and if Riley doesn't leave, we slug it out for 3rd. in conference with maybe a really good year where we beat either one. In one spring ball, Grinch has made the OU defense play like the old GP defenses of years past - 9 sacks against a good Texas team with basically the same talent as last year for the Sooners. 9, yep, that's what we have so far in 5 games.