• The KillerFrogs

Saturday

Billy Clyde

Texas has historically had a way, even when they appeared hopelessly outclassed, to rise up and beat OU when they should not.
Yes they lost to LSU, but they are pretty good. OU's defense has not been tested yet like they will be on Saturday.
Will be down to both teams' defenses showing up, particularly the DBs- Both offenses can score.

BABYFACE

Based on talent overall and the OU offensive juggernaut, OU is the favorite. However, it is huge rivalry game and throw all logic out the window. Either team could win.

If I had to choose, I am going with the Sooners to win. OU does a better job of containing Erhlinger than UT does with Hurts.

jake102

OU should win by 14+... just like every year. But it's rivalry game so guessing it will be really close like usual

H0RNEDFR0G

Really? Texas won a tight game against them last year and I'd say they are more evenly matched this go-around.

Texas' defense was much better last year. Through September of 2018, Texas was the #30 Defense in the Nation by Total Yards Per Game with 333. They played Maryland, Tulsa, USC, TCU, and K-State. They allowed only 19.8 PPG.

This year, they are #104, allowing 442 YPG. Now it's true that this year UT faced one of the most prolific offenses in LSU, but removing that game they're still allowing 409 YPG, 83rd place. That's against La Tech, Rice, Oklahoma St, & WVU. They're allowing 26.6 PPG.

Their opponent 3rd down conversion rate was also significantly lower last year.

I realize this is somewhat apples to oranges, as Texas offense has been better this year. But Texas has 3 first team DB's out for the game this weekend: leading tackler Caden Sterns, Jalen Green, and Chris Brown. Those 3 account for 20% of the teams tackles.

I still think it will be a close game, but last year Texas won that game with defense. I don't think their defense will be able to keep them in it this year.

Froggish

I actually like TX in this one...I know Riley has it all working for him but I think UT can score on them and I don't think OUs OL is as good as its been in years past. I look at this as a 42-41 Kind of game

berryfrog95

Both OUs tackles are highly questionable to play significant time with injuries vs Kansas.....could be a factor in the run game but I still think UTs defense is suspect and even more so with their injury issues.

at the end of the day, OUs Defense will make a few more stops than UT is my take.

OU 39-32

tcumaniac

As berryfrog mentioned, OU may be missing 2 offensive linemen.

OU hasn't really played anyone yet. Texas is more battle tested and coming in with a chip on their shoulder. I expect a close back and forth game.

Wexahu

As berryfrog mentioned, OU may be missing 2 offensive linemen.

OU hasn't really played anyone yet. Texas is more battle tested and coming in with a chip on their shoulder. I expect a close back and forth game.

Me too. I just think this Texas team is a little better overall than last year's, and I think the opposite about OU. Not completely sold on them yet until they face a good team and unless you think Houston and Texas Tech are good teams, their schedule has been pretty ridiculous this year especially in terms of defenses they've faced.