• The KillerFrogs

Who would be the Coach?

Froggish

Given the results this year which are historic, 600k more would be chump change. They have never had problems paying assistants extremely well. The answer on offense are these young guys no one has heard of.

The answer is to have those inventive creative minds on staff but not necessarily to
make them your play callers. Cumbie was once considered one of those types and making him a play caller before he was ready has gotten us a guy who can draw up a creative play but has no clue when it will work...A mixture of Wild eyed creativity and Experience is important on a staff

TX_Krötenechse

We need to clean house, and we’ve needed to clean house since 2016 or earlier.

Sharp, Burns, Anderson, Glasgow should all be gone

get a new DC who can actually coach a position and bring some fresh ideas into GP’s defense

hire a real coach for the defensive ends or let Fitch take over the whole DL

get a real LB coach

hire another respected WR coach

let SOMEONE coach our special teams because they’ve been bad for 20 years

i think probably Cumbie should be gone, but at a minimum he should be allowed to actually run his offense the way he wants for the rest of the season. More and more it’s becoming obvious that running an Air Raid with a crippled tempo is not going to work.

Billy Clyde

Anybody ever learn the real story on Randy Shannon? I was really excited when we hired him as LB coach, and then it seemed like he bolted for the same job at Arkansas after about 15 minutes here.

steelfrog

Tier 1

get a new DC who can actually coach a position and bring some fresh ideas into GP’s defense

get a real LB coach

i think probably Cumbie should be gone, but at a minimum he should be allowed to actually run his offense the way he wants for the rest of the season. More and more it’s becoming obvious that running an Air Raid with a crippled tempo is not going to work.

Short of cleaning house altogether, this is the only option that's going to keep us above .500 for the foreseeable future.

We've been a .500 B12 team for going on 4 years, and the trend is downward...

asleep003

Lol if you think Gary is d

Can you find and post one pic of Kirby screaming at a coach on the sidelines during a game? Or putting him up to speak post-game to humiliate him, when he has never let him do press before? Should be easy, if he does it, "all game long, all over the place." Just one pic.
Just watch a Georgia game ... much easier than locating a 'picture': When things are not going his way, whether winning or losing … he goes up and down the side lines
after players. officials, and yes, even coaches. Watch 2-3 Georgia games annually and have seen this and noticed he is a little bit crazier on the sidelines than GP.

Chongo94

Just watch a Georgia game ... much easier than locating a 'picture': When things are not going his way, whether winning or losing … he goes up and down the side lines
after players. officials, and yes, even coaches. Watch 2-3 Georgia games annually and have seen this and noticed he is a little bit crazier on the sidelines than GP.

The problem is, with GP, you can’t tell if a player and or coach did something well or did something awful. It’s not the best look.

Wog68

get a real LB coach

I am partial to hiring Colin Jones as Special Teams Coach when he retires from the NFL. He has been a great Special Teams player since he entered the league.

4th. down

get a real LB coach

Cannot agree on Dan Sharp - who on the staff has more 1st. team all Big 12 than Sharp - he has mucho skins. Fire everyone else and stop hiring ex TCU players - we need fresh blood, thought, etc.

Frogo

I'm sticking with Gary Patterson till he decides to hang it up.
I remember the days BEFORE 1995.
I remember the success he's had since.
I recognize players are young and mercurial.
I recognize GP knows a lot more about football than me...or probably anyone on this board.
I believe GP recognizes problems and is trying to address them.
I don't see many coaches in the game who are as committed to their school and community as Gary Patterson--and that counts for something, to me.

Froggish

By taking GP away from calling defensive plays your really destroying the thing he does best..What makes GP special is his feel for calling a game..

TX_Krötenechse

Cannot agree on Dan Sharp - who on the staff has more 1st. team all Big 12 than Sharp - he has mucho skins. Fire everyone else and stop hiring ex TCU players - we need fresh blood, thought, etc.
Sharp has had immense talent. I think this season we are seeing his worth as a DE coach. He was a decent WR coach and a terrible ST coach before he moved to defense.

4th. down

Sharp has had immense talent. I think this season we are seeing his worth as a DE coach. He was a decent WR coach and a terrible ST coach before he moved to defense.

We agree to disagree.

He has had some talent but IMO, not immense. Blake and Hughes were 3* RB in HS. Bosene JC, Banogu not much of anything transfer, Carraway 2* with no Power 5 offers, Collier 3*, Fields 4*, MCfarland 3* Lathan 3*.

Should I continue on? I don't see any immense talent there except Fields.

tcudoc

Every bone in my body says Texas is gonna absolutely jackhammer us.
I think they are going to absolutely sledgehammer us...
tenor.gif

4th. down

don't think dan coached blake and hughes

You are correct, but was just replying to immense talent recruits at the DE position which I agree, Fields was, but certainly not the others. Sharp came in after Blake and Hughes with 1st. team all Big 12 of Carraway, Boesen, Collier, and Banogu - to me, those qualify as skins.

What other position coach has had 4, 1st. team all Big 12 players since 2015?