• The KillerFrogs

Tulsa World: Sapulpa QB Eli Williams suffers season-ending knee injury

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5d9d4ff3c8741.image.jpg

Tulsa World: Sapulpa QB Eli Williams suffers season-ending knee injury

Sapulpa senior quarterback and TCU commit Eli Williams will miss the rest of the football season after suffering a knee injury in last Friday’s 55-40 win over Bartlesville.

Williams made the following announcement Tuesday night on Twitter:

“It’s crazy to say that my high school career has come to an end. I tore my ACL, meniscus, and partially tore my MCL, last Friday. Thank you everybody that has supported me throughout high school. #2 signing out #2strong #blessed”

Williams has accounted for 961 yards and 12 touchdowns this season. He had his best passing game of the season against Bartlesville, going 7-for-11 for 170 yards and three TDs. He also had 12 rushes for 56 yards. Overall this season, he has rushed for 509 yards and eight TDs, and passed for 452 yards and four TDs.

Read more at https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/h...cle_26f40c17-a538-5b5e-8508-e11f636f41bd.html

ThisIsOurTime

Well, that is not the kind of news you want to hear. That sounds like a pretty brutal injury. Hopefully, he can bounce back and use this injury in a positive way for the rest of his life. God bless.