• The KillerFrogs

Who would be the Coach?

He for sure isn’t going anywhere soon.

Or TCU could promote him to a president of athletics role or something like that? Just like Alvarez at Wisconsin (however not a AD).

But really everything is an overreaction. Let's see how the KSU game goes then the game versus Texas. TCU beats them both outlook changes.

Froggish

Or TCU could promote him to a president of athletics role or something like that? Just like Alvarez at Wisconsin (however not a AD).

But really everything is an overreaction. Let's see how the KSU game goes then the game versus Texas. TCU beats them both outlook changes.

I don’t think he would accept any job other than HC....Who knows. Your right though, sentiment could change on a dime with a couple of W’s

Wexahu

Hell we aren’t even in a recruiting hot bed anymore...we have to go to Louisiana for recruits since nobody in our backyard is interested in staying home

We’re able to recruit about as well as Nebraska now. That would’ve been unheard of 25 years ago. The TV thing is a huge deal, that perk Nebraska could sell recruits on is forever gone.

Eight

NONE of the guys would be an improvement over G.P. That said, in all likelihood none of them would accept the TCU Head Coaching position if it were offered to them. I’ve seen this “show” at Nebraska. They thought “We’re NE every coach would come here”; they found out very quickly how wrong they were. Nineteen years of losing, on their 4th Head Coach & forking out over $6M per year and struggling with the Big X bottom feeders.

funny how what gets forgotten is things began to change for the huskers when they joined the big 12 and lost a few of those recruiting advantages they had in the big 8 days.

correct me if i am wrong, but there was a drop in talent and in years 3 and 4 of the solich era the huskers were basically a break even team.

Moose Stuff

Every bone in my body says Texas is gonna absolutely jackhammer us.

Froggish

funny how what gets forgotten is things began to change for the huskers when they joined the big 12 and lost a few of those recruiting advantages they had in the big 8 days.

correct me if i am wrong, but there was a drop in talent and in years 3 and 4 of the solich era the huskers were basically a break even team.

There was definitely a drop off in talent at Nebraska under Solich. At TCU, I feel like we’ve actually raised our talent level over the last 5 years....People forget that we were essentially the Alabama of the G5. We beat people up because our physical talent and athleticism was so much better than our G5 peers. Now we are in the P5 where our talent is middle of the pack. When the talent is even then your advantage better be on the sideline...Ours has not been

HFrog12

Yup and unlike ISU there’s high probability that Mensa rubs it in

Yep unfortunately I think our team is too susceptible to folding like a cheap suit when they get down, especially our defense. I think our O line, Duggan, a few receivers, and Darius A. have shown they will fight till the end. But I fear that once Elingher starts running around it will be a long day for the defense.

Wexahu

Yep unfortunately I think our team is too susceptible to folding like a cheap suit when they get down, especially our defense. I think our O line, Duggan, a few receivers, and Darius A. have shown they will fight till the end. But I fear that once Elingher starts running around it will be a long day for the defense.

I think it’ll be very hard to slow them down. Stopping their running game would seem impossible after what we saw Saturday.

asleep003

A bunch of negative ninnies... we'll go to a Bowl, where GP has a great record the past decade. Get over that we're one of the very smallest of 130 D1 programs, and that we are out of the picture for an NY6 Bowl game. Get over it; support and pull this group through the next game with a win !!!

Froggish

Norvell wasn’t popular when I threw his name out as an offensive solution but nobody has been more effective calling plays between the 20’s...And that includes Lincoln

McGregor's Goat

I just noticed this thread and find it more than a bit delusional. Some of the names are absurd. Chris Petersen? He's a Pacific northwest guy, and he already has a better job anyway. GP isn't going anywhere, regardless of how this season plays out (unless there's some sort of scandal beyond wins and losses). And I say that recognizing that the direction of the program is questionable right now, the coaching staff might be dysfunctional, and the season could get ugly.

If GP does decide to retire in the next year or two, just remember that every time you hire a coach it's a crap shoot. Rich Rod looked like a sure thing at Michigan. Fuente looked like an almost perfect fit for Va Tech. Everyone wanted Chip Kelly when UCLA managed to land him. Nebraska and Tennessee have been in the wilderness so long a lot of people don't remember anything else.

Froggish

I just noticed this thread and find it more than a bit delusional. Some of the names are absurd. Chris Petersen? He's a Pacific northwest guy, and he already has a better job anyway. GP isn't going anywhere, regardless of how this season plays out (unless there's some sort of scandal beyond wins and losses). And I say that recognizing that the direction of the program is questionable right now, the coaching staff might be dysfunctional, and the season could get ugly.

If GP does decide to retire in the next year or two, just remember that every time you hire a coach it's a crap shoot. Rich Rod looked like a sure thing at Michigan. Fuente looked like an almost perfect fit for Va Tech. Everyone wanted Chip Kelly when UCLA managed to land him. Nebraska and Tennessee have been in the wilderness so long a lot of people don't remember anything else.

Let’s say we finish middle of the pack again In the B12...5-4 or 4-5 in conference and what point are we in the wilderness? That would be middle of the pack finishes in 3 out of 4 years..16,18, and 19..I guess my question is at what point are we just middle of the pack average program..

McGregor's Goat

Let’s say we finish middle of the pack again In the B12...5-4 or 4-5 in conference and what point are we in the wilderness? That would be middle of the pack finishes in 3 out of 4 years..16,18, and 19..I guess my question is at what point are we just middle of the pack average program..

My best guess is GP could hang on for several years under those circumstances, and it's a fairly likely outcome. That's basically what happened with Frank Beamer at VA Tech (who is also a pretty good comp for GP in general). Most coaches don't leave on a high note.

I will add that GP isn't at the age yet where most coaches decline significantly, and even if this season goes badly I think he has a good chance to turn things back around.

Moose Stuff

Every fan base on earth is delusional about who they could hire to be their HC with the exception of a small group of blue bloods and even they can get carried away.

NewFrogFan

Every fan base on earth is delusional about who they could hire to be their HC with the exception of a small group of blue bloods and even they can get carried away.

Yes, I saw the same thing with LSU. I knew Miles was done after NC game disaster. He did same things over and over. He also hired coaches that had multiple firings on their record. I knew Orgeron was a good choice cuz he could keep the good players home. I was in his camp when he was interim. Fishers way overpaid, and Herman still TBD. GP stays at TCU, there is not another guy out there they wont use TCU to go bigger if they do well.