• The KillerFrogs

Don’t ever be this guy (Penn St fan)

Chongo94

SMH. Statistically, 53 people were murdered yesterday in the U.S., 372 were raped, 101 were killed by drunk drivers, and somewhere between 2,530 and 8,219 women suffered some sort of domestic violence. Not to mention the numerous other real tragedies that occur daily.

But social media is ablaze because some idiot in rural PA has a bad opinion. The national news is now covering it, and the school even issued a statement about it. James Franklin got all emotional in a press conference.

God help us. It’s a stupid letter.

Social media really is the Antichrist these days. It’s quite possibly one of the worst inventions in mankind’s history.

At any other period this would be just another racist doing stupid things and maybe getting called out locally. Now, it’s exactly as you put it.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

There are some idiots who don’t think Sandusky is guilty of these crimes. This guy sounds like someone who might not live in reality.

I’m sure Sandusky was a popular coach before the scandal broke. I’m sure he had lots of friends. I’d be curious to hear his opinion on the subject.
Oh ok. I got you. I just misunderstood where you were going with that.

You mean his "friend" in the same way all those "friends" of Art Briles wanted Art back coaching Baylor because he's a good Christian man.

Froggish

SMH. Statistically, 53 people were murdered yesterday in the U.S., 372 were raped, 101 were killed by drunk drivers, and somewhere between 2,530 and 8,219 women suffered some sort of domestic violence. Not to mention the numerous other real tragedies that occur daily..

And none of that would have happened if it weren’t for dreadlocks and tattoos..:)...See how easy it is to be an idiot

Mean Purple

Real easy to hate people sometimes. Not any parti year set of people, all of them ... the whole world. The you realize it ain't worth it Well, unless its baylor, because they are rapey pieces of [ Finebaum ].

DeuceBoogieNights

Social media will be society’s downfall.

Not war, not global warming, not opioids, not natural disasters, not disease, but social media, huh? Interesting take.

At any other period this would be just another racist doing stupid things and maybe getting called out locally. Now, it’s exactly as you put it.

Well yeah, before the internet information was limited. This is news in Pennsylvania but because of the internet, you are aware of it. Maybe stop using the internet then?

BABYFACE

Not war, not global warming, not opioids, not natural disasters, not disease, but social media, huh? Interesting take.

Well yeah, before the internet information was limited. This is news in Pennsylvania but because of the internet, you are aware of it. Maybe stop using the internet then?

Unless we as society change our behavior on social media, we will dehumanize society. The world will not end because of it but we can reduce ourselves to a society of endless protests, people triggered, and riots. Not a time of people coming together but rather nonstop division.

Social media removes the filter and once that post is made, it cannot to be taken back. It can create wildfire reaction.

Zubaz

Unless we as society change our behavior on social media, we will dehumanize society. The world will not end because of it but we can reduce ourselves to a society of endless protests, people triggered, and riots. Not a time of people coming together but rather nonstop division.

Social media removes the filter and once that post is made, it cannot to be taken back. It can create wildfire reaction.
While that may sometimes be the case with social media, I don't think this is one of those times. This dude said some pretty racist things, and previously he would "get away with it" because nobody really heard him. IMO, he deserves to be called out for his nonsense and shown how it makes the people he insults feel. Bright light is a good disinfectant that way.

BABYFACE

While that may sometimes be the case with social media, I don't think this is one of those times. This dude said some pretty racist things, and previously he would "get away with it" because nobody really heard him. IMO, he deserves to be called out for his nonsense and shown how it makes the people he insults feel. Bright light is a good disinfectant that way.
Oh, I agree. My comment was not about that dumb butt.

Billy Clyde

I dislike with the way it was handled, because it was predictable that it would inflame all sides and cause people to dig in. The most likely outcome here would seem to me that the guy goes underground and learns to make his comments anonymously. I'd speculate he probably feels picked on right now and will be even more extreme as a result.

At least he had the guts to address his comments(as unfortunate as they were) specifically to an individual and put his name on it. I would tend to believe he didn't think he was "getting away with it," as much as scolding a kid who he thinks should behave differently- Like an extreme, way-out-of-touch version of a Bill Snyder note. He is probably, like most of us, living in an echo chamber surrounded by people who endorse or at least enable his thinking.

If, instead of someone doing an Insta-Shame blast, the young man who received the letter(or his coach) had invited the guy to come into the football offices and sit down and talk, maybe they both could have learned something about each other and each come away with more open minds.

You can tell that in spite of his outdated way of thinking, he really cares about the school. I just don't see how it helps advance any solution to the problem by publicly shaming someone who might be a possible convert to a different way of thinking.

DeuceBoogieNights

There are plenty of idiots and trolls and whatever on social media, but I think you are ignoring the positives. There are negatives, but there are plenty of positives as well.

- More connected/more easily connected to Friends and family

- You are currently posting on a message board which is a form of social media. A positive for TCU fans that want to stay up to date.

- Plenty of DIY videos on YouTube to learn new things

- LinkedIn provides job and networking opportunities.

Etc. etc...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
There are plenty of idiots and trolls and whatever on social media, but I think you are ignoring the positives. There are negatives, but there are plenty of positives as well.

- More connected/more easily connected to Friends and family

- You are currently posting on a message board which is a form of social media. A positive for TCU fans that want to stay up to date.

- Plenty of DIY videos on YouTube to learn new things

- LinkedIn provides job and networking opportunities.

Etc. etc...

That’d be great if they could ever put down their friggin phones. I’m trying to get my gym to ban phones outside the locker room. Nothing like having to wait for some twit in a man bun sitting on a piece of equipment for twenty minutes while scrolling thru texts.

Mean Purple

So, I was watching Marty and McGee last night. They had Justin Jefferson of LSU on. Really good player, great spirit, handles himself well. He has what I would consider the modern day dreadlocks. keeps it relatively short. Great interview. Again, he's good kid.

Just made me think how dumb that letter to the penn state player was. I don't know much about the Lion player that got the letter. But if he is behaving himself, going to class, playing hard and is a good kid, why should his hair matter?

Anyway, I am glad that I have dvr. Because I realized I was letting some dumb letter distract me from an interview I was wanting to see. So I rewound and watched it over. Justin seems ready for the game with Florida. wish him well.