• The KillerFrogs

TCU Frog Club Tailgate: Kelly Alumni Center

HFrog12

Recently received this promotion in an email from the Frog Club. One thing I have always been shamefully envious of is the tailgate offerings of the Texas Exes at the UT alumni center across the street from DKR. I have always wondered why TCU didn't do the same thing for Frog Club members in the Dee J. Kelly alumni center. It's great alumni air conditioned (or heated) space right next to the stadium. Great space to escape rain or any inclement weather conditions. Bring in some food and beverage vendors, set up TVs of other games, and I think it could be a great deal. Sounds like they are offering this type of deal for the Baylor game this year.

Forgive me if TCU already utilizes the Alumni Center center in some capacity on gamedays. I can be pretty set in my tailgating tradition and can be oblivious to what goes on around me.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 30

Big Frog II

Back in Gary's earlier years here, they did have a Frog Club tailgate inside the Kelly Center. Gary even spoke for a few minutes before each game. He was intense. Nearly as intense as me before a game. The crowds started out OK, but got increasingly smaller each year to the point they stop having them. The individual tailgates starting affecting the attendance. I just just know if they want to start this again since it tried and ultimately failed.

lowfrog

The food options and lines for drinks in the UT alumni center are both not good.
Don't know about that because I have only used a stall in the mens' room in the UT club across the street from the north end of DKR. Is that the UT alum center? The mens' room was great. Had to squeeze out a big one before the TCU - UT game. Was able to get in there before the game because my TCU alum niece had obtained tickets from some UT bigwig. While sitting in a stall reading the graffiti, contemplating the meaning of life, and creating origami with the TP, I overheard a couple of Longhorns washing, drying their hands, and discussing the upcoming game. One thought they were going to crush the Frogs, the other stated he thought the Frogs had a good chance to beat UT that year. That game was on Thanksgiving evening and was TCU's first time to play Texas since joining the Big 12. That evening game on Turkey Day and its outcome was sweet.

Last edited: