• The KillerFrogs

ADJD and GP

a picture of an old leather recliner and a set of bleachers with the comment that guys that coach from both of these are undefeated

Peebley liked it also - and I can understand our coaches backing each other for sure.

It wasn't wrong obviously in actual fact - it is easy to second guess from the cheap seats - but it was a bit ridiculous for a coach of a college baseball team that requires support from fans to call out those fans for voicing a less than happy opinion of the any coaches work or the teams results.

I am actually not sure why any coach, player or frankly the family of a player/coach would ever actually be on social media themselves to begin with - you should never believe the hype and need to be able to ignore the negativity.

Use it only to promote your team and support recruits/players and put a layer of separation from the "fans" by allowing one of your staff that is not emotionally involved do it for you.
Social media will one day be looked upon as the downfall of our civilization.

Just kidding.

Okay, not kidding.

Pharm Frog

a picture of an old leather recliner and a set of bleachers with the comment that guys that coach from both of these are undefeated

Peebley liked it also - and I can understand our coaches backing each other for sure.

It wasn't wrong obviously in actual fact - it is easy to second guess from the cheap seats - but it was a bit ridiculous for a coach of a college baseball team that requires support from fans to call out those fans for voicing a less than happy opinion of the any coaches work or the teams results.

I am actually not sure why any coach, player or frankly the family of a player/coach would ever actually be on social media themselves to begin with - you should never believe the hype and need to be able to ignore the negativity.

Use it only to promote your team and support recruits/players and put a layer of separation from the "fans" by allowing one of your staff that is not emotionally involved do it for you.

Excellent advice.

ifrog

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I thought it was absolutely ridiculous that we hired someone with zero skins on the wall as our athletic director while simultaneously trying to be an athletic program that acts like we want to be elite.

But to answer ftwfrog’s question, no he does not. How could he?

You could have said the same thing about Patterson when he was hired genius

Moose Stuff

CDC was an elite marketing guy, fueled by GP’s success. Nothing he ever did would indicate an ability to address coaches in a serious manner that I am aware of.

He did air out the Showgirls and their director one time for not keeping the daughter of a big donor who absolutely didn’t deserve to be on the team. So we know he had the ability to terrify 18-22 year old girls. Daughter of Moose Stuff would tell you CDC was a raging [ Arschloch]. But that’s just her.

CountryFrog

Basically a tweet calling out TCU fans for coaching from the couch
Which is 100% accurate by Schloss. It's just not something you can publicly say when you're in his position.

The reality is 95%, maybe more, of the people watching these games have no idea whatsoever what they are watching. They're completely clueless. But when you get paid as much money as these coaches do then it doesn't matter, because when you're losing then it's all on you.

CountryFrog

So one of our coaches stood up for another one of our coaches. You can disagree with it (I do) but if this even remotely bothers you, man I don’t know what to say.
If there's one thing you can count on in sports, it's that coaches will defend other coaches at every turn no matter what.

Until of course they send their OC out to talk to the media only after a loss...