• The KillerFrogs

les Miles fires Kansas OC

Wexahu

Patterson cares for his assistant coaches and their families. I dont think he would let someone go during and especially the beginning of the season...unless it was a mutual separation.

Not disagreeing with the overall point but it’s not like they wouldn’t be getting paid. If my employer was going to let me go and I was gonna get paid no matter what, I’d just as soon it be sooner rather than later, that way it gives me more time to find something else.

wilson912

Wes, maybe Les will issue a statement acknowledging that his approach isn’t working and he’s stepping down.

It is ok to criticize Gary.

Not disagreeing with the overall point but it’s not like they wouldn’t be getting paid. If my employer was going to let me go and I was gonna get paid no matter what, I’d just as soon it be sooner rather than later, that way it gives me more time to find something else.
Meet Victor Boschini.

Supposedly the new OC is some super high rated RPO operator...he’s even written some books on it apparently. His offense last year at the NAIA level led all college football levels with 55 points per game. They seem to be high on him.

Seems like a good move. Bright young coach with inventive ideas. I guess we shall see.

Eight

two things interesting in reading about this change.

first, the new oc has been an offensive analyst at kansas this year and he is given all kinds of credit for the win at bc, no mention is given if that is the only game he was involved with this year.

second, article i read from lawrence noted that while koenig was the oc in title, he effectively was running miles' offense.

those of you who want gary to do the same, first who on the staff is the new oc?

kansas effectively promoted a staffer so anderson? luper? bring burns back?
ct? bring meacham back?

second, do you believe gary stays out of the offense? let's them use tempo?

Last edited:

MadFrog

I have always heard Cumbie is a great recruiter. Looks to me like he recruits mediocre or permanently injured QBs so there is really no loss if Cumbie leaves. I say let him go. However that does not fix our very weak defense. We need better LBs and DEs real bad.