• The KillerFrogs

Who would be the Coach?

Froggish

There’s a very high chance that once we do hire a new HC it will take more than a couple hires to get a good one...It’s rare that you hit a homerun on every hire..My guess is we are 2-5 years out from that being a real thing..

Moose Stuff

I was asking this same question yesterday and most people dont answer and those who did answer gave stupid names like Matt Campbell or Neal Brown

It's clear a sizable portion of this forum want a new coach but as I said change for the sake of change is not a good things. Too many programs changed coaches just to make a change and took a big step back. If you are going to replace the winningest coach in school history you better replace him with a surefire upgrade.

Why is Matt Campbell a “stupid” name?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Guessing he is OC.

if that's who he means i would look at the OC from Boise state.they are always well coached, have an established systemthat works, they move the ball and score points and do it with less talent than we have

Eight

LHCGP needs to focus on the WHOLE team. Hire a defensive coordinator, an actual DE coach, and spend time with Cumbie coaching him on the offensive game planning and how to attack a defense.

first, who are you firing to add another member of the staff and scheiss no to turning the defense over to glasgow.

second, scheiss no to gary working with the offensive staffs on offensive game planning

look at what they spent all spring and early camp putting in place and ask yourself whose defense struggles with a mobile quarterback, zone read, and deep routes?

LVH

It depends on whether you think the winningest coach in program history is done winning or not. If you think he is, then replacing him isn’t all that risky because the status quo isn’t all that attractive an option either.

I’m kind of getting to the point where I’m more worried about what the program will become if GP stays then what it might become if he steps down and is replaced. Changes need to be made, if he isn’t willing to make them, he needs to quit. I’ve rarely seen as much disfunction within a coaching staff as this one.

I think our program is in a similar position to Oklahoma in 2014.

In 2014 Oklahoma had gone stale after disappointing years in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. 2014 was the final straw after they got destroyed at home vs Baylor. Stoops cleaned house with his offensive staff, got rid of Heupel and then brought in Lincoln.

I think we need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball and defensive line. We lost yesterday's game in the trenches.

Eight

I think our program is in a similar position to Oklahoma in 2014.

In 2014 Oklahoma had gone stale after disappointing years in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. 2014 was the final straw after they got destroyed at home vs Baylor. Stoops cleaned house with his offensive staff, got rid of Heupel and then brought in Lincoln.

I think we need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball and defensive line. We lost yesterday's game in the trenches.

wait, wait, wait......you just compared tcu to a program who has won multiple national titles, multiple aa's, first round picks etc....to ou?

oh, and nice job blaming the ou offense for baylor lighting bob's dumbass brother up on defense just like clemson did a few times

Dman890

The thing is that Gary is going to Gary even if he changes the staff over. He still wants a ball control offense and he still runs the defense.

The only answer is to ride this thing out. We may have a good season or two left before he retires but it’s not going to be a linear rise like some were hoping for.

we are basically like Florida state and Bobby Bowden, except replace a bunch of national titles with a rose bowl and peach bowl wins.