• The KillerFrogs

This is not a bad team

Chongo94

Nope, nope...think this thread title needs to be changed.

tenor.gif

Frozen Frog

The problem is that this team hasn't figured out its identity yet. Collins couldn't participate in spring ball. Neither Delton nor Duggan have been in the system for more than a year. That makes it hard to develop a QB. I think in the current spread systems there is too much desire to go horizontal with the offense. We seem to do better going vertical. On a wet field vertical is crucial. Just go up field and get what you are given. Force the other teams defense to make a play on offense. The defense today never got to rest. There were too many short drives. You have to get the defense some rest. This team also needs to find some discipline. Too many penalties and stupid mistakes.

LeagueCityFrog

So far our wins are against a 1-3 Purdue who didn't have their starting quarterback and was near the bottom of all of the NCAA in running the ball, a 2-3 Kansas team that looks like they are going to lose the rest of their games, and an D2 Arkansas Pine Bluff team that we barely beat at home with our starters still in during the 4th quarter as that game ended.

TCU football gets a ton of money pumped into it from the alums, TCU parents, and the Big XII. Last season was awful and this season looks to be more of the same now. We just gave up 49 points to an offense that couldn't muster much against all their opponents except a very bad ULM team they played two weeks ago.

Eight

Our defense is awful. I assume we’ll be cleaning house on all coordinators after this year. We are a 6-6 team with 10-2 talent. What a waste

unfortunately, this team does not have 10-2 talent at some key positions on the defensive side of the ball and at quarterback.

additionally, this is not a well coached team on either side of the ball.

no idea why the offense went away from what worked in the first half and why it takes until the half to make adjustments in the passing game.

defensively, someone needs to be honest with gary on some big issues on that side of the ball.

Eight

Time to recruit college sized defensive players that can come off blocks. This mickey mouse scheme only works here and there....doesn't consistently work.

frogs finally have recruited some legit linebackers the past two seasons, but they aren't ready as it takes a long time in this systems.

they tried at defensive end, but transfer and injuries have killed depth and right now the frogs rotation of defensive ends includes a senior who really didn't play much for three years in large part for recovering from getting shot, a red-shirt freshman, a true freshman who didn't play anywhere last year, and an undersized juco.

TCUWIN

So do we blame Cumbie for this TERRIBLE defensive performance too?
I would say in a round about way, yes. I think our individual players are very talented. But the offense is so bad, I think the defense feels like they must do more than their job to stop opponents. And that puts them out of position. Patterson can’t get them to play their responsibilities so he blames them for not communicating. The defensive line is non-existent so linebackers and secondary are taking chances. I may be way wrong. I may be trying to sympathize with the players. I just see opponents offenses just ransacking our defense and we can gain more than 73 yards in the first half.