• The KillerFrogs

Time for some changes

TK2000

It’s rare coaches have a 20 plus year run at a school rattling off 10 win seasons forever. Gary is a legend, great football mind and done great things for TCU. But all good things come to an end whether it’s the evolution of the game or being mentally able to motivate players and coaches. Gary has about 3 years left IMO maybe 2, and I hope Donati is already thinking about the next decade and transition. Frog fan for life, but these next few seasons will be interesting.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
It’s rare coaches have a 20 plus year run at a school rattling off 10 win seasons forever. Gary is a legend, great football mind and done great things for TCU. But all good things come to an end whether it’s the evolution of the game or being mentally able to motivate players and coaches. Gary has about 3 years left IMO maybe 2, and I hope Donati is already thinking about the next decade and transition. Frog fan for life, but these next few seasons will be interesting.

Well said, succession planning is critical to all organizations, time to prepare for a new leader and the next chapter

4th. down

Time to make some changes. TCU should be head and shoulders better than Iowa State and Baylor.

Baylor just got out of trouble but look at what they are doing. Now look at TCU who supposedly is recruiting better than anyone but OU and UT.

TCU is as bad as after the drug bust. Its coaching and S&C.

Sometimes it's a good thing to make changes. I just see predictably right now on both sides of the ball.

Our last game we had 5 receivers out, yep, 5. When these receivers don't get more than a couple of receptions each, how do we have this many injuries to a player that doesn't get a lot of contact?

Maybe, just maybe, we get some significant changes at the end of the season but I would not bet on it nor would I bet on us going 6-6. Hard to believe we are having this type of conversation.

H0RNEDFR0G

We always have problems with up tempo teams. Our defense always seems to be caught looking to the sideline

This 100% it bit us hard today. When it works it works, but lately it just looks like our defense has been too complicated. We are allowing way too many explosive plays.

Perfect example is after we score the first TD of the day. ISU goes 75 yards for the TD on 5 plays. Pass for 30, run for 20, pass for 23. Oh and the series before that ISU had a 3 play, 41 yard, TD drive. ‍

ftwfrog

Gary can stay. You people are nuts. We need a defensive coordinator and an offensive coordinator change in the off season. Cumbie can stay too as QB coach. I'm all for loyalty.
We have a defensive coordinator. That’s it.

We have a glorified defensive coordinator and the defense blows goats. That’s all we have. That’s why we are on our way to 3-8. Cheers.

wilson912

IMO, The defensive staff room is too internal.

Glasgow: Coached at TCU until going to TT, got fired and came back with his tail tucked between his legs.

Gonzales: Baseball player turned Football GA, GAed at TCU. Internally promoted to coach.

Modkins: Played for Coach P, came back as a GA. Promoted Internally.

Fitch: Same path as Modkins.

Sharp: Coached since 89 at TCU, a short stint at Tulsa and came back. Until 2015, had been on the offensive side of the ball.

Coaches are too internal and won't question Coach P's decision making as they are either former GAs or coming back to TCU from another program.

Hard to argue with this. Cumbie and the offense are the least of our problems!

wilson912

Gotta let Cumbie call the offense his way IMO. Gary has hamstrung the true Air Raid over the years by telling the OCs to add in a bunch of option stuff and to run clock at times. It’s time to let him call the offense his way / go all in and see what happens.

You’re right. Ridiculous to throw Sonny under the bus when our defense got whipped today.

In the first half, with Duggan at qb, Sewo at RB and a manageable down & distance situation, I saw the Iowa St. LB cheating up on their right side. I knew they were in a run blitz. Sure enough, LB and (I think) a safety crashed on that side, and we handed off to Sewo running to his left, right into the teeth of the run blitz for about a 4-yard loss.

So I'm left to wonder: How is it that I, a jackwagon know-nothing armchair coach, can see this [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] happening before it happens, and Sonny and (by extension) Max can't, and we can't audible out of a play that I know is dead before it begins??? Coaching.
The line of people who know exactly what play our offense is about to run who played exactly zero amount of football forms to the right. It’s become a drinking game with our group and no one leaves sober.

ftwfrog

well you sure didnt get fat on the Iowa State cream puff. Dont worry you will get your shot at the KState cream puff soon enough. I'll stop back by after that game
We’ll get our shot at our cream puff on November 9.

As [ Finebaum ]ty as we are, we’ve still toned that ass for the last 5 years and own the scheiss out of your sorry, rape enabling program. Why don’t you go back to the hole that you came from and pray that we have our 4th string QB again, and you’ll probably still lose to us.

We are bad. We are struggling. But scheiss, I’m so glad I’m not a Baylor fan.

netty2424

well you sure didnt get fat on the Iowa State cream puff. Dont worry you will get your shot at the KState cream puff soon enough. I'll stop back by after that game
giphy.gif

Mean Purple

Gotta let Cumbie call the offense his way IMO. Gary has hamstrung the true Air Raid over the years by telling the OCs to add in a bunch of option stuff and to run clock at times. It’s time to let him call the offense his way / go all in and see what happens.
I'm really coming around to this thinking. How else can we explain Cumbie calling what we are seeing.
Jeremy has a good wrap up on the game on his site. Most obvious point is how much better Max plays in tempo schemes, which is what he was recruited for.

Latest posts