• The KillerFrogs

Mike Collins

Js96

What reason would there be to not give him a chance? Expect that they want to develop and give as many reps to Duggan as possible. There have been complaints about the defense, but it’s a huge disadvantage if the offense just goes three and out. Give Collins a chance and see what happens.

Moose Stuff

What reason would there be to not give him a chance? Expect that they want to develop and give as many reps to Duggan as possible. There have been complaints about the defense, but it’s a huge disadvantage if the offense just goes three and out. Give Collins a chance and see what happens.

Or maybe Sonny could figure out a way to get Max to play the first half the same as the second half.

Eight

your suggestion has merit, but then again why don't you stay with the run which you had success and give duggan throws that he can be effective?

i have this feeling that if i rewatch the game i am going to see a similar first half pass attack that we saw against smu

y2kFrog

I think you answered your own question correctly. This is basically the same game we played last year vs. WVU. I don’t think there would be much difference between the 2 as long Cumbie calls the plays.

McGregor's Goat

I think Duggan is coming along pretty well, although it may be lost in how alarmingly bad the defense was today. But I agree 100% that Collins should be the backup/ next guy in.

Honestly, if I was giving Collins advice I would tell him to transfer. It's obvious that he is significantly better than Delton. The fact that our coaches (1) thought Delton was good enough to sign, despite all the evidence at K-State that he's a weak passer, (2) thought he looked good enough in the offseason to be the starter, and (3) apparently still think he's good enough to be in front of Collins on the depth chart is mind-boggling to me.

tcufrogprince1

Collins is not the answer. Hes also coming off of a surgery. Duggan is going to be good. The kid has a ton of upside. We just need better coaching on the o side and that will help the defense cone along. They have to pick up the tempo, move to short quick passes and strong runs at the line.

tetonfrog

I think Duggan is coming along pretty well, although it may be lost in how alarmingly bad the defense was today. But I agree 100% that Collins should be the backup/ next guy in.

Honestly, if I was giving Collins advice I would tell him to transfer. It's obvious that he is significantly better than Delton. The fact that our coaches (1) thought Delton was good enough to sign, despite all the evidence at K-State that he's a weak passer, (2) thought he looked good enough in the offseason to be the starter, and (3) apparently still think he's good enough to be in front of Collins on the depth chart is mind-boggling to me.

First, I agree with you. Collins should have played today.

But, Collins has been healthy for what? two weeks? He was hurt all offseason. SC does not trust him. Maybe the next OC will? And where will he go? He can always transfer after he graduates. I am not sure he is an NFL QB, but he would look a lot better with a TCU diploma than one from SFA.

LeagueCityFrog

Why not start Collins while Max gets his adrenaline down in the first half on the sidelines?

Just a thought for how bad we start games in our losses.

West Coast Johnny

Yep. It is 2018 all over again.

Eight

i don't think it was our coachES that thought delton would have a big impact on the frogs offense.

i think it was the frogs coach based a good part on recommendations from a coach he greatly admires.

Eight

Collins is not the answer. Hes also coming off of a surgery. Duggan is going to be good. The kid has a ton of upside. We just need better coaching on the o side and that will help the defense cone along. They have to pick up the tempo, move to short quick passes and strong runs at the line.

i agree that the duggan showed some positive things and there are things that could be done to help him a great deal earlier in the game.

first, the offense needs to be run-centric and the frogs had success on their scoring drive with the run game.

two, use the tempo. max seems comfortable in it and tempo is not the same as the hurry up.

third, use the shorter routes and use the talent and size at receiver. stephens, wells, hunt on the slant and skinny post routes.

the one part of the game i re-watched was the fumble iowa state forced and returned for the touchdown.

i don't fault sonny for being aggressive and the play wasn't terrible from the start. darius could have done a better job on the blitzer he tried to pick up, but the guy who forced the fumble took some time to get to max.

problem were the routes. the two outside receivers looked to be on go's, one receiver went a short distance and basically stopped, and the fourth recevier ran a deep 12-15 yard square in.

iowa state was not letting anyone get behind them so the go's were out and the check down was covered from the start.

there was no one in the middle of the iowa state defense 10-15 yards and hunt came free, but that route takes way too long to develop.

break that route out at 6-8 and make it a deep slant or skinny post with stephens, wells, or hunt and you give max a big target to hit in the seam.

Mean Purple

Or maybe Sonny could figure out a way to get Max to play the first half the same as the second half.
not likely. We saw SC turn it up for about a quarter today. For about a quarter and a half last week. (although they pulled Max too early.)

And maybe that is something to think about for today. The fact that Max was moving it well and they took him out midway through the second quarter last week. unreal. but I am guessing that was a GP decision.

Froggish

Collins would do well to just go ahead and graduate and start fresh elsewhere...If we are going to suck, I’d personally rather do it growing up a true freshman

Moose Stuff

Collins would do well to just go ahead and graduate and start fresh elsewhere...If we are going to suck, I’d personally rather do it growing up a true freshman
The season is about to the point that it’s time to just roll with Max. The ability is there and the fact that we’re now 5 games in without a pick remains impressive. I’m not sure making a change really benefits us, especially since it seems likely that if a change happens it’s not gonna be Collins anyway.

netty2424

Transferring blows. Starting over blows. MC’s already done it once, had a major injury last year requiring surgery, who knows where that is actually at in terms of being 100%.

And he posted a pic on IG with a chick on the concourse after the KU game. Assuming that’s his lady friend.

Maybe he realizes this part of his life ends here. Maybe he’s content on riding it out here. If he plays, he plays, if he doesn’t, he’s got a full ride and degree free and clear.