• The KillerFrogs

News & Tribune: Pitcher, hitter English commits to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

News & Tribune: Pitcher, hitter English commits to TCU

Craig Pearson
Sports Editor

Ethan English, the 2018 NTSPY (News and Tribune Sports Performance Yearly) Player of the Year at Jeffersonville, is the latest in line of Clark and Floyd County athletes set to join the Division I ranks.

English verbally committed to play for Texas Christian University in 2021. The sophomore at John A. Logan College will play this spring at the junior college level.

English played his freshman season at NAIA Indiana Wesleyan. He missed the first 17 games of the season but still managed to hit .333 with 14 home runs and 44 RBIs. The freshman compiled a .420 on-base percentage and a team-leading .717 slugging percentage.

English will be a two-way player for the Horned Frogs.

Read more at https://www.newsandtribune.com/spor...cle_2bc00a90-4b2f-11e9-aec5-fbefa78d662b.html

Tumbleweed

He's a good looking kid.... the beautiful ladies at TCU will pick up on that right n away

Welcome to TCU. Enjoy your stay at one of the very best schools in the nation.

Ron Swanson

He's a good looking kid.... the beautiful ladies at TCU will pick up on that right n away

Welcome to TCU. Enjoy your stay at one of the very best schools in the nation.
Translation: I find this man to be physically attractive

No judgement here Tumbleweed... handsome fella!!

Pharm Frog

Maybe you or someone else will know the answer to this:
Are the Speaker twins (pitcher and catcher) from the family of the great Tris Speaker?

I have not heard of nor read about any connection there. I do recall reading about some athlete within the last few years whose lineage somehow included Tris Speaker but I think it was a female athlete. Or....I could be completely wrong in that memory.