• The KillerFrogs

Duggan-Stats

JockO de Frog

Wow, I like the kid too … but there are some High expectations out there . He can achieve several of them, but let's not get carried away. Just one bad half and replaced by Collins w/a good half and win.... the story could change very quickly.
I think there is a very strong possibility for that.

Putt4Purple

Duggan looked very comfortable Saturday against KU and more composed. That is a good thing. Yes he's had struggles and he will probably have a few more struggles down the road. The players are responding to him in a positive manner. The receivers catching the ball helped as well. One or two exceptions.

westoverhillbilly

He's still learning and will probably continue to throw into double coverage some and miss some open receivers and have his first interception (and second) before too long- don't mean to be negative, but even the best qbs throw them..

His long throw to an open Stephens on Saturday under heat was a display of greatness and shows his huge potential- very few passers could make a throw like that..

Froggish

He's still learning and will probably continue to throw into double coverage some and miss some open receivers and have his first interception (and second) before too long- don't mean to be negative, but even the best qbs throw them..

His long throw to an open Stephens on Saturday under heat was a display of greatness and shows his huge potential- very few passers could make a throw like that..
One of his best throws against KU was on the second or third series on a 3rd and 5. He read a safety blitz off the left side perfectly and hit TayeMike for a 6 yard gain right at the spot where the blitz came from. That’s a throw normally no one would pay any attention to but it kept a drive alive and it was read most young guys don’t make.

His throwing into double coverage is a function of forgetting to look the high safety off. On both the Thomas TD and the Reagor ball he under threw, he locked in without first baiting the safety to move away from where he wanted to go with the ball..

Finally, the ball to Stephens was a great example of why I’ve said they should be moving the pocket for him. He throws well on the run and rolling him some could really help him get into a rhythm earlier in games

jake102

His throwing into double coverage is a function of forgetting to look the high safety off. On both the Thomas TD and the Reagor ball he under threw,

No, the Reagor ball was a function of him over-throwing fastballs for three games. He put a little air on the ball which allowed the defenders to catch up. I laughed when the announcers said something like "he wasn't able to get enough on the ball". He needed to use his fastball in that situation.

Froggish

No, the Reagor ball was a function of him over-throwing fastballs for three games. He put a little air on the ball which allowed the defenders to catch up. I laughed when the announcers said something like "he wasn't able to get enough on the ball". He needed to use his fastball in that situation.
He was certainly taking piss off off his throws last week and I’m sure it was because everyone was in his ear about throwing darts all the time.

SwissArmyFrog

The quality of opposition gets better from here on out, but Duggan will likewise be gaining experience.

Got to give him time. One thing that disturbed me was the ease with which SMU got to him, and the inability to either protect him better or compensate re: getting passes out quicker.

Wexahu

The quality of opposition gets better from here on out, but Duggan will likewise be gaining experience.

Got to give him time. One thing that disturbed me was the ease with which SMU got to him, and the inability to either protect him better or compensate re: getting passes out quicker.

The hesitancy in his decision making has been his biggest fault so far IMO. It looks like he's doing everything he's been coached to do and making the right decisions (for the most part) but pulling the trigger, whether it's getting ball out, leaving the pocket, or just taking off running is taking a tick too long. I imagine that will improve naturally as the game slows down a bit and as he starts seeing things better.

McGregor's Goat

I think most fans (judging from this board, at least) have been pretty positive on him, with an opinion along the lines of "he's very talented and good for a true freshman, just needs to keep developing." I think GP has been tougher on Duggan and (much) more positive on Delton than the average TCU fan.

Last edited:

TAINTed frog

I think most fans (judging from this board, at least) have been pretty positive on him, with an opinion along the lines of "he's very talented and good for a true freshman, just needs to keep developing." I think GP has been tougher on Duggan and (much) more positive on Delton that the average TCU fan.
Maybe GP thinks Delton will put more fans in seats? He's pretty scheissing focused on that

CountryFrog

I think most fans (judging from this board, at least) have been pretty positive on him, with an opinion along the lines of "he's very talented and good for a true freshman, just needs to keep developing." I think GP has been tougher on Duggan and (much) more positive on Delton than the average TCU fan.
This is probably pretty typical of GP's general outlook regarding any true freshman vs any 5th year senior.

If Max is a confident and mentally tough kid who can handle some criticism then you keep giving it to him to make him better. Delton has already lost his starting job and won't be here next year anyway so there's probably not a lot of point in being highly critical of him. He's here mostly for his experience and leadership at this point so you want him to keep a positive attitude.

JugbandFrog

7 TD
0 INT

Above and beyond anything you could expect from a true freshman.
Trevor Lawrence had 2 ints early, and he didn’t really start having 300 yd games until their 7th game.

Sure Duggan COULD have won us the SMU game, but he didn’t lose it like other folk we have put out there.