• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Iowa State opens as one-score favorite against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Iowa State opens as one-score favorite against TCU

ByALEX HALSTED

Iowa State will return home Saturday as a favorite after dropping its Big 12 opener.

Oddsmakers pegged Iowa State as a 2.5-point favorite for its Big 12 home opener against TCU and the line quickly shifted to favor the Cyclones by 3.5 points. The betting line comes after Iowa State dropped a 23-21 game against Baylor and TCU dismantled Kansas, 51-14. The over/under for the TCU-Iowa State matchup opened at 48. The two teams will kick off Saturday at 11 a.m. in Ames.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...on-Cyclones-favored-Big-12-matchup-136335108/

Froggish

Barring no weird injury news I expect this line to move to damn near a pickem by Sat..Even at 3.5 its not a game most gamblers are going to want any part of...Over and under at 45.5 is interesting..

Tumbleweed

31-3 Frogs... Iowa St is a bunch of dorks

As an ex resident of Marfa I'll tell you, you have been climbing the hills north of \Kokernot field too much. It is home field for Iowa State plus they were beaten by a pretty good baylor bunch. Iowa State has a fair defensive line but overall, we're pretty evenly matched. It'll be close.

I stand corrected, It'll still be close.

Last edited:

o6HornedFrog

As an ex resident of Marfa I'll tell you, you have been climbing the hills north of Coker Knot field too much. It is home field for Iowa State plus they were beaten by a pretty good baylor bunch. Iowa State has a fair defensive line but overall, we're pretty evenly matched. It'll be close.

Not to take away from your actual point about the game, but it's Kokernot, not "coker knot,"