• The KillerFrogs

Getting annoyed at the lack of flyovers...

HFrog12

I want the space shuttle to fly over as it re-enters the atmosphere. And if they screw up the timing I’m out as a fan.

Funny - I remember being on lake LBJ during a quiet night one summer and my dad and I witnessing the most bizarre phenomenon. We looked in the paper the next morning and it said the space shuttle had entered the atmosphere in Llano county. It had landed at Cape Canaveral 25 minutes after we saw it.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Funny - I remember being on lake LBJ during a quiet night one summer and my dad and I witnessing the most bizarre phenomenon. We looked in the paper the next morning and it said the space shuttle had entered the atmosphere in Llano county. It had landed at Cape Canaveral 25 minutes after we saw it.

Saw the same thing in Houston in the 90s late in the afternoon. Saw this cloud rep that had a tiny glowing red tip on it (the shuttle). The cloud must have been incredibly huge and looked totally fake or like some special effect. The paper said it wasn’t a cloud but a billowing plasma field of ozone. One of the most awe inspiring things I have ever seen. It was mind boggling to then see it land 15 minutes later in Florida on tv.

WhatTheFrog

I’d forgo the flyover if we could get a couple of large helicopters to hover 100 ft above the field for 3-4 hours.
I still say that the coolest flyover I've ever witnessed at AGC was a military helicopter flyover, from west to east, with 2 Apaches and 2 Cobras, I think it was? Whatever it was, it was the most badarse flyover I've ever witnessed.

But back to topic...yeah, the flyover for the first game of the same old military prop plane was cool. Same one that we always see. Nothing since.

For those of you that have never attended the Armed Forces Bowl here, do yourself a favor and attend one. If you're a vet of any type, go to their website and get yourself up to 4 free tix ($2.50 each handling). Parking extra. Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020 at 1030. https://reservations.arestravel.com/attraction/single/7046/1426

The last few years have been packed with some great matchups.

Edit: This year's matchup is slated to be MWC vs B1G.

Volare

Didn't somebody note the other day that "We are defeated in games with flyovers this year"?

That was me- I observed just after our lack of flyover that we were undefeated in games with flyovers this year:

APB - flyover. Win.
SMU- no flyover. Loss

Now obviously this didn't hold for Kansas, but do we really want to tempt fate again?

watchfrog

Even if we can't get active military aircraft very often it seems like there are a lot of vintage flying museums in the area that might be able to do it for the publicity and/or a donation.