• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Could TCU go back to Alex Delton as its starting QB?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Could TCU go back to Alex Delton as its starting QB?

By Drew Davison

TCU’s quarterback situation isn’t settled through four games.

Just when it seemed like true freshman Max Duggan solidified the starting role in the Frogs’ impressive 51-14 victory over Kansas to open Big 12 play on Saturday, coach Gary Patterson made an interesting comment.

Asked about Duggan’s second career start, Patterson started out his answer by saying: “I thought Delton looked a lot more comfortable to be honest with you.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235611022.html#storylink=cpy

jake102

Definitely a small nit pick - but I would have let Duggan finish first half.

Hopefully it was a good lesson to the coaches what can happen with momentum when you switch QBs back and forth

And yeah, Collins should be #2

y2kFrog

I was listening to GP’s interview for on the way home from the game. This seemed like a throw away comment that I read nothing into at the time, especially since Duggan led us to three straight TD’s to open the game.

Chongo94

tenor.gif

Endless Purple

The comment seems like a good way to keep multiple QBs happy to avoid discourse in the locker room, and the early lead pull keeps Duggan from getting hurt when the game was possibly settled. Think that could be good coaching.

Eight

The comment seems like a good way to keep multiple QBs happy to avoid discourse in the locker room, and the early lead pull keeps Duggan from getting hurt when the game was possibly settled. Think that could be good coaching.

so you think gary making that comment and not practice and playing time will keep the three quarterbacks healthy?

you also think that pulling duggan with a lead and then re-inserting him to "keep him from getting hurt" early on and then exposing him to risk later when the game was out of hand was more important than live reps for a guy in his second career start and 4th college game period?

Endless Purple

Yes, egos are fragile things, mentally happy. You left that off your post, not just physical.

Real simple - the less plays on the field, the less chance of getting hurt.
That does not mean that is the only factor. The coaches can put him back in if another QB struggles, if they want to have him test certain skills or see how he handles certain players.