• The KillerFrogs

Attendance

HFrog1999

Playing two of our three home games in dangerously hot conditions before the end of September is a bad recipe for attendance.. I don't know what kind of architectural/engineering feat it would be to draw shade over the seating, but for safety purposes (not to mention comfort), it needs to be done. The fact that nobody has died of a heat stroke thus far is very fortunate..

Are we sure nobody’s died from heat stroke at a TCU game?

Eight

Playing two of our three home games in dangerously hot conditions before the end of September is a bad recipe for attendance.. I don't know what kind of architectural/engineering feat it would be to draw shade over the seating, but for safety purposes (not to mention comfort), it needs to be done. The fact that nobody has died of a heat stroke thus far is very fortunate..

the only way you are putting shade over the seating is dome the stadium and there is absolutely no reason to spend that much money on a stadium that gets used 6-7 times a years.

if you remember, tex shram told cowboy fans that texas stadium was designed in such a way to allow the field to be exposed to the elements, but the the fans would be protected in their seats.

unless of course your seats happened to be in that section of the field in which you were in the sun and because of the structure on the sides to support hold up the roof there was no air circulating in that stadium. one of the most miserable stadiums i have been in when it was hot and when it was cold.

ftwfrog

We have several in our group w newborns, or just starting kid sports, it is a choice for them of children or TCU. It was a lightly attended game and the temp went from 80-90 in an hour. I saw more cops parked all over Lot4, people are voting with their feet I guess. As for the students, if I were TCU I would make them maintain some kind of decent capacity or move them, time has come to sell the prime real estate. I think there is validity to the underage drinkers going back to tailgates.
I’m sorry, You have really crappy friends!! Be parents or support The Frogs!! Can’t do both!!

(Yes sarcasm)

Eight

You’d think the guys in pads and helmets would go first, so far TCU has announced no fatalities on the team...

let's be honest, if the heat stroke took place during the season while patterson has been coach there wouldn't be an announcement, merely a unclear reference at a press conference of a player that might have got a bit hot at some time during their time at tcu.

eh0215

the only way you are putting shade over the seating is dome the stadium and there is absolutely no reason to spend that much money on a stadium that gets used 6-7 times a years.

it doesn't have to be a dome. It can be open air on all sides (see: Sofi stadium). doesnt even have to be a singular structure overarching structure. I could see a series of polygonal roof structures shaped to resemble a horned frog feature. Not saying it should be, just saying whats possible.

The stadium doesn't have to be enclosed and air conditioned at great expense to make it bearable and immune to rainy weather.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
let's be honest, if the heat stroke took place during the season while patterson has been coach there wouldn't be an announcement, merely a unclear reference at a press conference of a player that might have got a bit hot at some time during their time at tcu.

Possibly, but the lawsuit from the parents would probably leak to Muck...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I imagine the plumbing would be too big of job, but Phoenix uses misting sprays at places like outdoor cafes that work really well. Maybe the humidity would make it unusable, since it might just soak everyone. Which just might not be that bad on a hot day...

Pharm Frog

I did not see anything materially different between this game and the SMU game relative to attendance. I saw about the same number of KU fans but didn’t really hear them and I cannot imagine why. If there was any difference it seemed that the KU fans were more spread out within the stadium.

WIN

I did not see anything materially different between this game and the SMU game relative to attendance. I saw about the same number of KU fans but didn’t really hear them and I cannot imagine why. If there was any difference it seemed that the KU fans were more spread out within the stadium.

Saw some in the NW top of the stadium, they did not have much to cheer about. Good job Frogs!

watchfrog

You’d think the guys in pads and helmets would go first, so far TCU has announced no fatalities on the team...

Are we are starting a death pool for this? Count me in with my money on an eighty year old blue hair in the lower west stands going before a twenty year old athlete in peak physical condition on the field.

berryfrog95

SMU game 41,250
KU game 41,960

Does show we care nothing about SMU series when the doormat of big xii brought in same crowd.