• The KillerFrogs

Game announcers

JockO de Frog

For those of us that watched on TV, the announcers showed the remaining schedule for both KU and TCU. Their comments were very complimentary of the Big 12, of how difficult the schedule was, how we had to play everyone, Etc. I have to admit that when you see it on Tv laid out, it does look quite daunting.

RufeBruton

But those announcers also said early in the broadcast that TCU was in Dallas....
Would it be Mark Cohen, who has the responsibility to prepping the announcers? I’d think that it would be important, in our relationship with the City of Fort Worth, to prep the on air announcers that Fort Worth is not Dallas. To say so, on air, taints the purported expertise of the announcer.

Ron Swanson

Would it be Mark Cohen, who has the responsibility to prepping the announcers? I’d think that it would be important, in our relationship with the City of Fort Worth, to prep the on air announcers that Fort Worth is not Dallas. To say so, on air, taints the purported expertise of the announcer.
They said it, and then corrected themselves, and then made a big fuss about how you better not screw that up around here.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I think it was the announcer who said he lives in Arlington. Seriously.

TCUdirtbag

Well. it should be the announcers themselves who are responsible for preparing themselves. But yeah, Cohen is the staff liaison. He does what he can but he can’t fix stupid.

For those of us that watched on TV, the announcers showed the remaining schedule for both KU and TCU. Their comments were very complimentary of the Big 12, of how difficult the schedule was, how we had to play everyone, Etc. I have to admit that when you see it on Tv laid out, it does look quite daunting.

Not to be overly cynical but the Big 12 is Fox’s product. They can scarcely run the conference down

JugbandFrog

I don’t listen to the tv broadcast anymore. I use the Riff Ram app and sync it to the game feed and I get to listen to Brian Estridge and company.
It’s been my favorite viewing experience of all time.

Limp Lizard

I rarely am not too upset with announcers. I have heard them be too overboard about the Frogs, too. Not often, but still.

My one exception is Beth Mowins. Not because she is a woman doing sports, but her voice; and I hear female sports reporters all the time who have pleasant voices.

But Beth...
bZAU7OMk_400x400.jpg