• The KillerFrogs

I am confused about our use of Freshman TB's

Wexahu

I’m out on RS players unless they are trench players...The odds of getting a kid to last 5 years are getting lower and lower everyday. Injuries, discontent, grades, whatever..Skill players that can play...should play.....

I think this is where I stand too. If a kid can help you, play him. Chances are he gets hurt sometime within the 4-game window sometime during his career and has to miss a bunch of games in a year....use that as the redshirt if you have to. And if either of these kids ends up being really good they won't be here in Year 5 anyway, that's just the way it is.

Froggish

If I had a crystal ball I think it would say one of our top 3 RBs has to miss a game or 2 and Barlow gets elevated.

I really think the coaches probably figured having to use Barlow for more than 4 games this year...just my opinion...
Believe Demarcado got hurt in the game and that’s why Barlow came in

Moose Stuff

My thoughts..... I’m guessing GP looked at yesterday as potentially the only blowout left on the schedule so might as well get them both some PT. Not gonna be many games left where we need 4+ different RB to get carries (assuming ED is OK). I’m also in agreement on if they’re good enough to help us win games right now then screw the redshirt.

Last edited:

asleep003

These 2 kids are equal in my eyes. Would love for both to get 4 games in this year... however, It's inevitable that one is needed, considering the beating RBs receive.

CryptoMiner

8 games left and you have 5 games available for the freshmen, 2 for Barlow and 3 for Foster. Barring injuries there are 4 or 5 games that appear to offer little chance they will play so there are going to be more games both will play.

Plan was to get them experience and not burn the RS. Both have looked good but a little raw. This gives them more film on both for evaluating and teaching.

As long as Sewo and Jet stay healthy I expect both to RS. However in the mean time the more they can get on the field the better.

BigPurple87

GP gave me the impression that they would use just one Fr RB per game, giving 8 games to get them in and still keep their redshirts. So Foster was not a surprise, but Barlow was.

Good to see Foster breaking tackles like he did in his HS highlights. Of course that was against Kansas, but they seem better this year: Just ask Boston College.

Anyway, what do you think are the odds that one or both or their redshirts are burned this year? Only 5 appearances left between the two.

This is what your concerned about? Let it go