• The KillerFrogs

Wichita Eagle: KU football lost big to TCU. A surprise pregame announcement maybe played a role

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KU football lost big to TCU. A surprise pregame announcement might have played a role

By Jesse Newell

Carter Stanley was emotional about this ... and that shouldn’t be a surprise.

The Kansas quarterback was standing in front of a temporary backdrop in the bowels of Amon G. Carter Stadium following KU’s 51-14 loss to TCU when he was asked about teammate Khalil Herbert.

The team leader. The star running back.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/c...of-kansas/article235582097.html#storylink=cpy

Frog DJ

I’m all in favor of players having more options, but this new transfer policy has created chaos.

It’s not like Herbert wasn’t getting the touches he deserved, or that Kansas was struggling.

Trying to say why he chose to transfer now would be pure speculation, but it seems selfish.

If he and Miles just don’t see eye-to-eye that’s one thing, but he’s abandoning his teammates.

Coupled with the redshirt rule a team’s entire makeup can be drastically altered in mid-season.

As a result, the whims of an 18-22 year old can derail all a coach’s efforts to build team chemistry.

Maybe I’m just being a cantankerous old man, but I don’t think all this is good for the game.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Froggish

I’m all in favor of players having more options, but this new transfer policy has created chaos.

It’s not like Herbert wasn’t getting the touches he deserved, or that Kansas was struggling.

Trying to say why he chose transfer now would be pure speculation, but it seems selfish.

If he and Miles just don’t see eye-to-eye that’s one thing, but he’s abandoning his teammates.

Coupled with the redshirt rule a team’s entire makeup can be drastically altered in mid-season.

As a result, the whims of an 18-22 year old can derail all a coach’s efforts to build team chemistry.

Maybe I’m just being a cantankerous old man, but I don’t think all this is good for the game.

Go Frogs!

100% smells like someone being in his ear..Probably telling him he’s to talented to be playing for KU

Wexahu

They need to make changes to these rules, effective almost immediately, or it’s just going to continue to get worse. You could see stuff like this happening from a mile away.

kidkarr

The least they could do is make a rule that the 4-game redshirt rule only applies if you stay at the same school. If you play 1 game and transfer, that year of eligibility should be lost.
I was thinking the same thing, this is exactly how it should work!

ThisIsOurTime

We can't be surprised to see this change in morals and ethics. This is what happens when you turn college football into a big business. You reap what you sow.

The least they could do is make a rule that the 4-game redshirt rule only applies if you stay at the same school. If you play 1 game and transfer, that year of eligibility should be lost.
Much more logical and likely than trying to collect money. I get the impulse but it would look bad and be pointless and impossible in most cases.

Wexahu

Much more logical and likely than trying to collect money. I get the impulse but it would look bad and be pointless and impossible in most cases.

Yep. Unless something changes the first four games of every season are going to become basically open tryouts for every kid to show what they’ve got and then decide where they want to go to school.