• The KillerFrogs

Grades

Palliative Care

This purely opinion and not based on stats (as we know numbers can be used to support almost any opinion). So despite my background this ain't scientific and not intended to be.

In comparison to the best in our conference:

Offense:
It would have been better if we actually had come from behind and beaten SMU, but since we did not and we really have not played against a quality defense and despite averaging 40 points a game,

The grade of....C+

Disagree? What would this offense today do against say OU?

Defense:

We have faced only one quality QB and failed miserably in half of that game.
Again don't tell me about stats just judge them at this point in time as they would stack up against the best our conference has.

The grade of.... C-

I am a huge fan of both units but they still have a ways to go before Oct 26th and especially Nov 23rd and of course all those others in between.

robbroyy

This purely opinion and not based on stats (as we know numbers can be used to support almost any opinion). So despite my background this ain't scientific and not intended to

Defense
Again don't tell me about stats just judge them at this point in time as they would stack up against the best our conference has.

The grade of.... C-
Umm don’t use numbers to evaluate..... you’re just looking to be negative if that’s your process

BigPurple87

This purely opinion and not based on stats (as we know numbers can be used to support almost any opinion). So despite my background this ain't scientific and not intended to be.

Offense:
It would have been better if we actually had come from behind and beaten SMU, but since we did not and we really have not played against a quality defense and despite averaging 40 points a game,

The grade of....C+

Defense:

The grade of.... C-

I am a huge fan of both units but they still have a ways to go before Oct 26th and especially Nov 23rd and of course all those others in between.

Dumb

westoverhillbilly

I really expected us to go undefeated and unscored upon this year, so I'm giving our defense a C- against Purdue, KU and UAPB and a worse grade against SMU.. I'm going to be really miffed if we allow any first downs on our next two road games too. What's up with Darrius only getting 115 yards on 12+/- carries?

Froggish

Offense is averaging 40 a game after 4...If not for a 1 bad half of football we’d be 4-0 and ranked in the Top 20..Stats aren’t going to tell you much until about the 1/2 way point in a season. We are young and breaking in a true freshman QB along with FR at key positions like LB,DE, and Corner...All things considered we are in good shape..

frogs9497

Offense:

The grade of....C+

Defense:

The grade of.... C-

Have you considered self-prescribing? No one will report you.

Palliative Care

Ok I'll make it easy, where are we compared to Oklahoma? We have to get better and we have to show up against really good teams. The only team were played poorly against is no where close to OU. You can attach another person's opinions but where are your own on this topic. Wake up and get your head out of the clouds over what is a win over a not very good Kansas team. In our conference the measuring stick is OU and compared to them where are we today and where do we need to get ourselves to. Yes 40 not 4 BFD, answer the question instead of being merely attach dogs.

Brog

This is purely opinion, and not based on stats, but Alabama is actually one of the worst football teams in the US, and has been for a long time. Their style of play sucks, their coach's post-game interviews are pathetic, and their fan support when they reach the NCAA championship game is shameful. They're really one of the worst teams in the country, my opinion, not based on statistics.

ftwfrog

Ok I'll make it easy, where are we compared to Oklahoma? We have to get better and we have to show up against really good teams. The only team were played poorly against is no where close to OU. You can attach another person's opinions but where are your own on this topic. Wake up and get your head out of the clouds over what is a win over a not very good Kansas team. In our conference the measuring stick is OU and compared to them where are we today and where do we need to get ourselves to. Yes 40 not 4 BFD, answer the question instead of being merely attach dogs.
Where are the other 130 teams in Division I compared to Oklahoma? Since Riley has gotten to Ou there is not a better offense or one close to it in the country. Enjoy the win, we have Iowa State next week.

Palliative Care

You know last week this board threw out a huge amount of verifying BS about our program. This week what we are wonderful again? As Tom Landry famously said, "You are not as bad or as good as your critics say you are,"

In order to defeat Texas and OU we need to be realistic about how good some of our talent really is or needs to be. An example is Reagor. He is not getting any catches but some of the others have stepped up including wonder of wonders our tight ends. The offense needs more Reagor and that is obvious. I know 40 points/ 40 points per game. Great we still need more of Reagor catching the ball!!!.

I like our defense but we have a ways to go to be able to stop OU. No matter what you think about OU's offense we play in Norman and that's tough. At least we catch Texas here in about four weeks. Are we better than they are? I hope so but the first third our our schedule was not all that difficult. So who really knows yet?

Iowa State will challenge the defense and I will be interested in how well we play against a good but learning quarterback. Also this is a fairly stout road game so it will also test us there. However, its not Norman.

Troll...??? Really? Why does this board go there when someone has an opinion outside the group who orders lemon aid shots?

BTW I have two degrees from TCU and I have been a football season ticket holder since 1985. If I am a troll then 90% of this board must be too. Quit crying"Mommy mommy I don't like what he bad man says so the must be a troll."

Now go ahead and blast me but you know what? I am 70+ years old and I don't give a rip. Either we can have a decent discussion of where we are as a team and what we still need to do to get better, or you can play your candy ass name calling games and act like attach dogs with any new person who dares to post here.

I really open some grown ups are still on here.

Eight

according to your grades the tcu offense was barely above average against kansas and barely below average defensively.

when you consider that the tcu offense not only exceeded their norms for the year but also the norms allowed by the kansas defense and we saw the same results for the tcu defense against the kansas offense you either a troll or someone who is way off base.

i gave you the benefit of the doubt in inferring you are a troll and sadly it is the second

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You know last week this board threw out a huge amount of verifying BS about our program. This week what we are wonderful again? As Tom Landry famously said, "You are not as bad or as good as your critics say you are,"

In order to defeat Texas and OU we need to be realistic about how good some of our talent really is or needs to be. An example is Reagor. He is not getting any catches but some of the others have stepped up including wonder of wonders our tight ends. The offense needs more Reagor and that is obvious. I know 40 points/ 40 points per game. Great we still need more of Reagor catching the ball!!!.

I like our defense but we have a ways to go to be able to stop OU. No matter what you think about OU's offense we play in Norman and that's tough. At least we catch Texas here in about four weeks. Are we better than they are? I hope so but the first third our our schedule was not all that difficult. So who really knows yet?

Iowa State will challenge the defense and I will be interested in how well we play against a good but learning quarterback. Also this is a fairly stout road game so it will also test us there. However, its not Norman.

Troll...??? Really? Why does this board go there when someone has an opinion outside the group who orders lemon aid shots?

BTW I have two degrees from TCU and I have been a football season ticket holder since 1985. If I am a troll then 90% of this board must be too. Quit crying"Mommy mommy I don't like what he bad man says so the must be a troll."

Now go ahead and blast me but you know what? I am 70+ years old and I don't give a rip. Either we can have a decent discussion of where we are as a team and what we still need to do to get better, or you can play your candy ass name calling games and act like attach dogs with any new person who dares to post here.

Offense is #20 in total offense. Defense is #4 in total defense. Nationally. No matter what you feel about either, you are wrong in the assessment of your grades.

Palliative Care

I will try this again. I was not grading us one on one with Kansas. Obviously were were A's against them. I was looking at our first 4 games and comparing us mainly to OU. How are we compared to the obviously top so far team in our conference? It's not difficult. Are we good enough yet? Of course not. We need to realistically get better and the measuring stick at this time is unfortunately them. In comparison to OU as an A what is our defense and offense given the first four games of this season?

Eight

I will try this again. I was not grading us one on one with Kansas. Obviously were were A's against them. I was looking at our first 4 games and comparing us mainly to OU. How are we compared to the obviously top so far team in our conference? It's not difficult. Are we good enough yet? Of course not. We need to realistically get better and the measuring stick at this time is unfortunately them. In comparison to OU as an A what is our defense and offense given the first four games of this season?

i have read this paragraph three times and not really sure what you are truly asking other than you think is for some reason the frogs offense and defense should be measured against ou.

why stop at ou? if gary's ultimate goal is to win a nc shouldn't you be grading the offense and defense against say ohio state, clemson, or bama?

thing is our offense and defense only needs to be better than the team we are playing at that given time for example iowa state this week. i could care less if the frogs are better than ou on either side of the ball this saturday if they end up with the w at ames.

the frogs are 2 months away from playing ou when the benchmark you have chosen has become relevant and as long as the frogs continue to win games and improve as the are apt to do i will only worry if they are good enough to beat ou on november 23rd.

BigPurple87

I have 3 degrees