• The KillerFrogs

Our last TD

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Disagree, say what you want about Patterson, but it cannot be denied that he has always been respectful to opponents when they are down.
However if you go bush league and start calling timeouts with a minute left and down 31 points, he just showed he will fire back.

You cannot put 2nd and 3rd-string players in a game and ask them not to play hard. This is their chance to shine.
I am particularly happy for #21 who had a TD taken back by a penalty.
The last TD run? Stop it if you can.
We did not run up the score, see the 3rd quarter.

4th. down

You cannot put 2nd and 3rd-string players in a game and ask them not to play hard. This is their chance to shine.
I am particularly happy for #21 who had a TD taken back by a penalty.
The last TD run? Stop it if you can.
We did not run up the score, see the 3rd quarter.

Really, going as far back as you would want to go, don't think we have ever had this many good RB's all at one time, even though this year is a small sample so far.

Foster, if no penalty on his run, would have been well over 100 yds. on just 9 carries and he's 5th. string. I haven't seen a RB since LT that runs CONSISTENTLY as hard as Anderson.

Wexahu

I think as long as you’re running the ball and calling relatively vanilla plays there is no such thing as running up a score. The kids that are in there at the end need to be playing real football, not whatever you do don’t score football. What we did was fine.

I’m also pretty sure if a coach we didn’t like did the same thing we did, they’d be accused of running up the score and having no class. So there’s that too.

ECoastFrog

I understand it was/is parents weekend. I'm glad the 2nd and third stringers' parents got to see them play. And thanks to Les for giving us a decent excuse for playing hard until the end.

GO FROGS!!!!

Ron Swanson

Agree to disagree. 4 TD lead over the conference doormat and you have to be offended and score again?

How would you feel if Herman did that?
If it was his 3rd stringers doing it to us and we were taking timeouts, I’d have no problem with it.

Our season might depend on some of those 3rd string players having to score a TD for us in a late-game situation later in the year. It’s good to get everyone meaningful reps whenever possible.

It’s not like we were out there running trick plays or Hail Marys with Duggan, Reagor and Darius. We were handing it off with our 3rd unit in.

4th. down

Also, where is all this Les Miles hate coming from? I’ve always liked him, seems like a solid dude. Quirky but one of the good ones based on what I’ve seen.

Les has the skins and is obviously a good coach. Believe he was showing his squad that you have to play to the end of the game and that sometimes it's the process and not necessarily the outcome. Don't give up, try and get the ball back and score. I don't fault him for it, he's trying to mold his team for the future. Glad he's in the conference.

Billy Clyde

Also, where is all this Les Miles hate coming from? I’ve always liked him, seems like a solid dude. Quirky but one of the good ones based on what I’ve seen.

I didn't sense "hate" so much as it being a wth moment. Agree that Miles seems mostly ok. I hope the players don't come away with a grudge over it, I'm already pretty busy on Saturdays spending time hating several other coaches/programs/schools.

If it were Briles, I'd want GMFP to not only run up the score, but to use every timeout and do an onside kick after each score.