• The KillerFrogs

I'm feeling good about tomorrow's game

jake102

In fairness, we’ve been without Lewis, Barber, and Barkley all season..Barber hasn’t played enough to count..Niang is a huge loss..until I know who the other corner is I’m not sure how bad it is

Yeah and it hasn’t been a ton of sunshine

robbroyy

Kansas is only a bit lesser team than SMU. If the team comes ready to play then we shouldn’t have a problem.

we’ve played 3 winning type halves (both halves of Purdue and 2nd half last week) of what will be needed for Big 12 play this year and 3 losing halves (both halves of UAPB and first half last week). If the offense really did figure something out in the second half last week then that momentum should continue.

I believe the defense will play much better.

4th. down

Kansas is only a bit lesser team than SMU. If the team comes ready to play then we shouldn’t have a problem.

we’ve played 3 winning type halves (both halves of Purdue and 2nd half last week) of what will be needed for Big 12 play this year and 3 losing halves (both halves of UAPB and first half last week). If the offense really did figure something out in the second half last week then that momentum should continue.

I believe the defense will play much better.

We have the potential to have a good game, defense and offense.

On offense, Reagor needs 10 plus touches from scrimmage - receiving and running the ball - must get him to the slot where he can come off the line free. If he can come off the line free, super dangerous. Tight ends, yep, got to have them active. Move Sewo around, RB, HB, TE, and Slot - we need his hands.

GP, quit complaining about so many aspects of the game and just be a HEAD COACH.

Limp Lizard

If injuries are a major issue two years in a row GP and the entire athletic staff needs to do a more-than-thorough evaluation, including getting in some outside help.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

Duggan certainly looked better in the second half. Especially after Kenny had his little talk with Max. It's beginning to look like Mr. Hill has a knack for coaching....something that should never be overlooked. Lots of people know the game, but few can coach really well.

Volare

I don't know what the hell weather forecast you are looking at but NWS Fort Worth is predicting a high of 95 today, with heat index of 102. Sounds like hell.

Froggish

I’m waiting for the day when GP acts like a head coach and walks over to his QB after a rough series and actually tries to encourage and instruct him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that. He’s been almost completely detached from the offense virtually his whole career..Consequently his teams have reflected that..

Moose Stuff

I’m waiting for the day when GP acts like a head coach and walks over to his QB after a rough series and actually tries to encourage and instruct him. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that. He’s been almost completely detached from the offense virtually his whole career..Consequently his teams have reflected that..

You’re gonna be waiting a LOOOOOONG time. It’s hard to remember more than a handful of times he’s ever done that to ANYONE. Travin Howard’s interception in ACS vs WV is about the only one I can easily remember.

Froggish

You’re gonna be waiting a LOOOOOONG time. It’s hard to remember more than a handful of times he’s ever done that to ANYONE. Travin Howard’s interception in ACS vs WV is about the only one I can easily remember.

It’s never going to happen..He generally only engages players on the sidelines when he wants to yell at them

Moose Stuff

It’s never going to happen..He generally only engages players on the sidelines when he wants to yell at them

I feel like there are probably times when I think he’s angrily yelling at someone when he’s actually saying something complimentary but he just doesn’t know how to change his delivery.

Chongo94

It’s like the inverse of when a reporter asked Jevon Kearse what was it like to play for Steve Spurrier. His response, “I don’t know, I played defense.”

Ron Swanson

I’m in the minority but I’m totally fine with Gary being hands-off on offense. He’s a defense guy and shouldn’t be sticking his head in things he doesn’t know. A huge part of being a good leader is making good hires and trusting them to do their job.

Now, I have had issues with his OC hires/promotions over the years, but I’m good with the overall strategy in theory.

As far as Cumbie goes, I was all-in on the Cumbie bandwagon when he took over, but I am extremely skeptical at this point. I’m not in the practices or on the sidelines, so I don’t know what all goes on... maybe Cumbie is a genius and these players just can’t execute, but if I had to guess, it’s a combination and Cumbie isn’t the guy. We are going on year 3 with Cumbie as the main OC/sole play-caller and the results have been anywhere from terrible to mediocre, depending on the season. Based strictly on the results on the field, it has been bad.

He’s an air raid guy who runs an offense that wants to pass the ball, but it can’t, so it falls back on the run game.

ThisIsOurTime

I’m in the minority but I’m totally fine with Gary being hands-off on offense. He’s a defense guy and shouldn’t be sticking his head in things he doesn’t know. A huge part of being a good leader is making good hires and trusting them to do their job.

Is this really a minority opinion?