• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club lunch notes

Tumbleweed

I’d rather we didn’t suck for 3-4 years and instead some of our fans just stopped posting stupid [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

For three or fours years.??

Why would you say that? Thousand and thousands of fans are upset about the performance from the first and third game, and know there is ONE HELL OF AN INVESTMENT on stadium drive to let this program go to hell...for 3 or 4 years or even six months for that matter.

Mean Purple

For three or fours years.??

Why would you say that? Thousand and thousands of fans are upset about the performance from the first and third game, and know there is ONE HELL OF AN INVESTMENT on stadium drive to let this program go to hell...for 3 or 4 years or even six months for that matter.
meh, regardless, would not happen. Whenever GP retires, there will be multiple great coaches who want the job. the program is a desired location because of the investments and work.

and it is not baylor. and I think we can all agree that baylor is a rapey piece of [ Finebaum ].

Froggish

Collins has 2 years to play yet. Why can't he be a part of the future of the frogs?

He has this year and next so no reason he couldn’t...Seems to be a lot of smoke that he’s trying to graduate early so he has the option to move on if he doesn’t get his chance...Seems like if the staff was sold on his performance last year, Delton wouldn’t be here...I’m sure he’ll get some reps soon

smufrogger

I am over GP as a competent runner of a program at this point. What a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]show. He didnt think to change signs? He said the sideline was a disaster for APB.

I think he is a great defensive coach, but an average head coach, and a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] for brains on running an elite program. No wonder he never moved above TCU.

I hope we wreck shop the rest of the year, but it won't be because of GP's head coaching ability.
Absolutely the dumbest thing I’ve heard- especially because they’ve had signals stolen before.

That’s 100% on Gary- not on an opposing team but Gary spins it like the other team cheated. No Gary- it’s all on you!

CountryFrog

I like to hear about the things Gary says, but I really don't understand why so many people feel a need to dissect it all. Over the years, it seems to me there are two possibilities:

Either we're coming off a win and Gary is entertaining, saying things that have little or nothing to do with what was asked and may or may not be true, but who cares because it's just Gary being Gary.

Or we're coming off a loss and everything that Gary says is just an excuse, he needs to take more responsibility, but when he does take responsibility then he needs to just shut up and get it fixed, and it's so ridiculous that he's constantly saying all the same things over and over again.

Limey Frog

Ya, and at that point I feel if they make the switch it would have crushed Max's confidence. We were basically all in with him after not giving anyone else a series the whole game. Ultimately I think it's the right call, but kind of a weak throw in to say we could have used Mike. If you see him dressed and warming up, he's available, not that difficult

Yeah, we have to be cautious here. He's young, and if you play a young QB you know you're going to lose a few that you should win. If you turn around and implicitly blame him for the loss, you might break him. Max is a talented QB. He looks the part, imo. He just shouldn't be starting as a true freshman. That's the program's fault. How did it get to this point, that we missed on so many QBs as to leave the cupboard this bare? It's a massive systemic failure on the offensive side.

CountryFrog

Yeah, we have to be cautious here. He's young, and if you play a young QB you know you're going to lose a few that you should win. If you turn around and implicitly blame him for the loss, you might break him. Max is a talented QB. He looks the part, imo. He just shouldn't be starting as a true freshman. That's the program's fault. How did it get to this point, that we missed on so many QBs as to leave the cupboard this bare? It's a massive systemic failure on the offensive side.
You also have to coach him. So if he screwed up then you tell him exactly how and why he screwed up. Every individual is different so it's up to the coaches to determine what type of criticism they can handle and will be most helpful. I'm sure no one on the team is blaming Max for the loss but you also have to treat him the same as you do everyone else on the team and call out the mistakes that are being made. And at times that MIGHT involve taking him off the field.

Now as fans, sure we can and should be a little more forgiving of a true freshman QB and it would be silly imo to blame him for much of anything since he probably shouldn't be out there this early to begin with. But he is out there and as long as he is then we really really need to see more consistent accuracy and start hitting some deep shots that have been there every game.

Limp Lizard

Every individual is different so it's up to the coaches to determine what type of criticism they can handle and will be most helpful.
Even Vince Lombardy knew this. Knows as a brutally tough coach, he pretty much handled Bart Starr with kid gloves because that is what worked for him. There are ways of coaching sensitive, overly self-critical players that will result in their max improvement. Other players you have to ride constantly to get things through their thick skulls. Just part of good coaching. And GP know this.

Pharm Frog

I like to hear about the things Gary says, but I really don't understand why so many people feel a need to dissect it all. Over the years, it seems to me there are two possibilities:

Either we're coming off a win and Gary is entertaining, saying things that have little or nothing to do with what was asked and may or may not be true, but who cares because it's just Gary being Gary.

Or we're coming off a loss and everything that Gary says is just an excuse, he needs to take more responsibility, but when he does take responsibility then he needs to just shut up and get it fixed, and it's so ridiculous that he's constantly saying all the same things over and over again.

Trying to reconcile liking to hear what Gary says with your analysis of what he says.

Froggish

Yes...For the most part we have recruited QBs with the raw talent to lead us, we have not taught them well and put them in positions to be successful.

Latest posts