• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Mean Purple

Mine was a 1973 Plymouth Terrarium -- so named because every window and door on the car leaked so badly that I had to keep cups and towels in the car to sop up the puddles that would form on the floorboards anytime it rained. Then, when the sun was out and the car was parked, all the windows would fog up on the inside--like a terrarium. Had every single window and window seal replaced during the time I owned it...but it still leaked until the day I got rid of it.

No telling how many types of mold were cultivating underneath the carpet.
I had a 74 Plymouth Duster 340. Crazy what they got out that engine. Crazier is what they got out of the slant 6 rg (225, actually 224.7) which I also had at one point.

Windows did not leak on the 340, but the windshield wiper motor had some issues. On the I6 the light on the dashboard was pretty much bi polar. Others I have met that had those vehicles had the same issues. And on the 6, throttle linkage had some issues in a very bad way.

Mean Purple

#takeyourmeds
Uh, I think they were taking too much of that:

The phobia isn’t recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which psychologists and psychiatrists use to diagnose patients. But self-described sufferers and some researchers claim the images can evoke a strong emotional response and induce itching, goose bumps, and even nausea and vomiting.

Mean Purple

To hear it told, some folks claim to have anxiety ( or some sort of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]) caused by the 3 holes (lenses). trypophobia or something.
For real, I'm not making this [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] up. Even I can't make up something this dumb.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/12/iphone-trypophobia-three-lenses-camera/
The phobia isn’t recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which psychologists and psychiatrists use to diagnose patients. But self-described sufferers and some researchers claim the images can evoke a strong emotional response and induce itching, goose bumps, and even nausea and vomiting.

Probably because it is [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

Tom Brown

Uh, I think they were taking too much of that:

this board causes the same symptoms

Mean Purple

So I get worst decision of the week award today.
We went to Madisonville today to pick up a rather heft purchase for a friend. On the way back up I managed to hit Dallas at the heart of rush hour … pulling a 4 horse gooseneck … with living quarters. And I hauled that bad boy over from 45 to 35 and then right up DNT. I hit DNT at about 4:30.

And as the 3rd BMW cut me off, I thought about an earlier discussion on this thread.

Animals were delivered safe and sound to northern Denton County, by the way.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
So I get worst decision of the week award today.
We went to Madisonville today to pick up a rather heft purchase for a friend. On the way back up I managed to hit Dallas at the heart of rush hour … pulling a 4 horse gooseneck … with living quarters. And I hauled that bad boy over from 45 to 35 and then right up DNT. I hit DNT at about 4:30.

And as the 3rd BMW cut me off, I thought about an earlier discussion on this thread.

Animals were delivered safe and sound to northern Denton County, by the way.

th

SnoSki

I think I’ve mentioned my BIL the pro golfer here before.

He got into the Alfred Dunhill event on the European tour this week. Gets to play at like 4 different British open courses including St. Andrews and Carnoustie.

Even par yesterday and looking like a missed cut but today he is -8 through 15 and currently tied with Rory McIlroy; they’re both about 6 shots off the lead.

If you feel like keeping tabs on him his name is Johannes Veerman. Aggie grad but great dude.

Edit: finished -9 today; ahead of McIlroy, Fleetwood, Rahm and many others. 21st place and only 5 back!

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
As we were driving up, my friend commented about folks cutting us off. I told him their is a cartoon for that. He asked what I meant, I told him it was an inside joke amongst the greatest smart ----- on the internet.

Don't worry about me and my BMW cutting you off.

If you come up on a BMW driving slowly with a turn signal constantly on, wave hello...it might be me.

upload_2019-9-27_12-45-17.png