• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

My older brother had a 72 Challenger that was a rocket ship (for that time) that was perfect inside and out. He also had a 71 that was faster but in poor cosmetic condition. He would race the 71 on a county airstrip on Saturday nights until the police showed up. Guess which one of the two he crashed?

He also had a 73 charger with a Hemi after the two challengers. Traded it for a case of Stroh’s and a Chrysler Córdoba when he got married. Bad trade.

I’m a big fan of Mopar from the 70’s. I have no idea how well they are made now.

So I’m of no help. Wordy. Anecdotal. But essentially useless.
So a “normal” post for the thread?

Does anybody here drive a Challenger? I like the look of the really decked out Hellcat and Demon versions but not the plain Jane ones. It has been quite a while since I had a real muscle car and I really like the Dodge Challenger Hellcat. I haven’t driven one yet but I love the way they look and they have one in purple with black stripes. Maybe it is the high schooler mentality that still exists in my mind but I am really intrigued by it. Does anyone here own one? I’m leary because it’s pricey and, at the end of the day, it is still a Dodge.
Thoughts??

Not since the mass recall after NASA's misshap.

Mean Purple

I owned a MOPAR vehicle in the 70's. A total lemon.

Nostalgic, no. Nauseous, yes.
Had the MOPAR as well. They were pretty easy to work on. I guess because they knew you would have to. Went through several starters, which were placed ina spot where they were easy to change out.

GeoFrog

My first car was a '71 El Camino. It wasn't an SS, so it didn't have the 454, only a 350. A lot of space to work on the car and learn how the engine works. It sounded mean, not because I had glassbacks on it, but because I had an exhaust leak.
10491497-1971-chevrolet-el-camino-std.jpg

I would like to get an older muscle car to tinker with and drive around town, but just don't have the room for it or really the time, TBH.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Had the MOPAR as well. They were pretty easy to work on. I guess because they knew you would have to. Went through several starters, which were placed ina spot where they were easy to change out.

Mine was a 1973 Plymouth Terrarium -- so named because every window and door on the car leaked so badly that I had to keep cups and towels in the car to sop up the puddles that would form on the floorboards anytime it rained. Then, when the sun was out and the car was parked, all the windows would fog up on the inside--like a terrarium. Had every single window and window seal replaced during the time I owned it...but it still leaked until the day I got rid of it.

No telling how many types of mold were cultivating underneath the carpet.

SnoSki

Mine was a 1973 Plymouth Terrarium -- so named because every window and door on the car leaked so badly that I had to keep cups and towels in the car to sop up the puddles that would form on the floorboards anytime it rained. Then, when the sun was out and the car was parked, all the windows would fog up on the inside--like a terrarium. Had every single window and window seal replaced during the time I owned it...but it still leaked until the day I got rid of it.

No telling how many types of mold were cultivating underneath the carpet.
Blue sensimillia

Eight

I think it might be my next car. I will be looking out for just the right one that is the right price and color. I love the stick shift, so that would be my preference.

doc, if you really want detroit muscle there really is only one choice and we are talking about the car inspired by the us win at lemans so you get a nod to history and a car that does 0-60 in roughly 4 seconds

cae2bfc7af6a4908880076996ee0a982.jpg

kaiser soze

Does anybody here drive a Challenger? I like the look of the really decked out Hellcat and Demon versions but not the plain Jane ones. It has been quite a while since I had a real muscle car and I really like the Dodge Challenger Hellcat. I haven’t driven one yet but I love the way they look and they have one in purple with black stripes. Maybe it is the high schooler mentality that still exists in my mind but I am really intrigued by it. Does anyone here own one? I’m leary because it’s pricey and, at the end of the day, it is still a Dodge.
Thoughts??

old boss had one. over a two year window he had multiple big ticket fixes. finally dumped it.