• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘A lot of people in red and blue.’ TCU’s Patterson not happy with crowd for SMU game

4 Oaks Frog

I understand what LAWHCGMP was saying. In the section where I sit, directly behind the home bench, sections 104, 105 and 106, there were tons of red and blue. Plus, there we smew fans too chicken [ Finebaum ] to wear their color sitting those sections, as well. That is because TCU ticket holders (not true Frog Fans) sold their seats to fans from the opposing team. If I were destitute, and in need of money to buy food, I would burn my tickets before selling them to the opposing team’s fans. Additionally, the student section half emptied out at half time. It is easy to figure out why. They wanted their underage beer party fix that they couldn’t get it in the stadium. They used to go out at half time, drink and come back. Now, drinking is more important than supporting their team, so at half, they just leave, knowing they can’t come back in. Beer sales with the no re-entry is having the exact opposite effect on attendance than was intended IMHO!
GO FROGS!
BEAT BASKETBALL CHEATERS!
Spit Blood ~<~~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

I agree with this. I was really disappointed in the east side attendance. Especially the students. I don’t care how hot it was. How is it that only TCU fans can’t come to a game because of the heat? See all these other schools filling up their stadium on hot September day games....

kind of a fail for event staff as well for letting opposing fans into the student section. Not Earth shaking but aggravating

TCUWIN

After Saturday's fiasco Patterson has the cojones to complain about the crowd?
Nothing else he can complain about. Threw OC under the bus (rightfully so) and go hammered by the media. Can't complain about his defense, so what's left...the fans. Media will join in on that rant so its safe. Its been awhile since he complained about the fans. But we don't have T-Shirt fans are are just looking to be a part.Our fans are die-hard, students or alumni. Keep jacking up the prices and not improving the product on the field, the home crowd will get smaller.

Mean Purple

Ridiculous

If you don’t want visiting fans coming to the games, try beating their teams so bad they don’t want to come back.

After Saturday’s lousy performance, I’m sure more SMU fans will come in 2 years. They had a great time.
Aren't we supposed to just win by 1?

NewFrogFan

‘A lot of people in red and blue.’ TCU’s Patterson not happy with crowd for SMU game

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Gary Patterson expressed disappointment in the home crowd during Saturday’s 41-38 loss to crosstown rival SMU at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“To be honest with you, the crowd left after halftime,” Patterson said. “They want us to come back and win, but I was not very happy with the crowd at halftime. I saw a lot of people in red and blue that were down lower than what they should have been. So I asked that question, ‘How they got there?’”

TCU has been making a conscious effort to boost home-field advantage this season. The university started selling beer to the masses at football games, eliminating its once popular in-and-out policy.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235441437.html#storylink=cpy

TCU since I started coming to games does an AWFUL job of keeping visitors out of good seats. Their people checking tickets at each portal either dont do it at all, or maybe 10 minutes max. I watched the older couple to our left run at least 10 SMU coeds out of seats in front of them where their friends have tickets. As for the 2nd half, the heat was brutal and so was Cumbie’s playcalling. 3rd season in a row of the same BS. I pay alot to watch TCU football, I dont care to watch another game like SMU. The coach needs to own it. The shade at my tailgate was far cooler, the beer was free, the game was on 2 50 “ TV’s.

frogfanRyoga

The north end of the student section is season ticket seats for the last couple years as far as I know. That's what the picture I saw posted was focused on anyway.

My seats are that section (121) most of those SMU students didn't have tickets there. There simply bum rushed the section at the start of the game and once there, security wasn't interested doing anything about, despite being asked repeated by me and the other Frog fan season ticket holders in that section who got displaced.

TCUdirtbag

Telling GP to stay in his lane on the crowd while everyone here feels free to minutely criticize the way he does his job is chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. There is plenty of valid criticism to go around on that game including some for the fans

[ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. None of the fans are getting paid to do football.

MTfrog5

My seats are that section (121) most of those SMU students didn't have tickets there. There simply bum rushed the section at the start of the game and once there, security wasn't interested doing anything about, despite being asked repeated by me and the other Frog fan season ticket holders in that section who got displaced.
Well then that is something Donati needs to hear if the yellow shirt people aren’t doing their job

Fortress Frog

The whole “put a better product on the field” excuse just reeks of how apathetic our fan base is. Bottom line is if we had a better second half crowd that was loud and bearing down on SMU’s defense on that last drive who knows how this game turns out. Good programs have bad games against lesser opponents all the time. Home field advantage in the end often makes the difference in whether home team gets upset by lesser team or home team escapes with an ugly win. If we had escaped with an ugly win on Saturday, yeah it wouldn’t be all sunshine and roses on KillerFrogs this week but the doomsday outlook about the rest of our season would be mostly neutralized. Especially after recognizing SMU was actually a pretty good team.

It doesn’t mean we have to be happy with the product on the field, coaching blunders, etc or that we shouldn’t expect change at some point. It just means do your job as a fan and don’t ditch out on these young men who committed to play for your alma mater in a game that was still very much winnable at halftime.