• The KillerFrogs

Kansas Press Conference

4th. down

I guess GP had to say something - it's a press conference.

Working thru the blah, blah, blah, part, one thing that did stand out to me was not as much energy in practice as he expected and on this, I wonder why? We've got the seniors and good ones at that. Not inspired and not pissed off at losing to SMU, for me, it's something to consider, especially if we lose to Kansas.

CountryFrog

I guess GP had to say something - it's a press conference.

Working thru the blah, blah, blah, part, one thing that did stand out to me was not as much energy in practice as he expected and on this, I wonder why? We've got the seniors and good ones at that. Not inspired and not pissed off at losing to SMU, for me, it's something to consider, especially if we lose to Kansas.
Your first mistake here is believing that because GP said it then it's true

Eight

one thing i have always found interesting is that when the frogs have had a young quarterback the offense tends to skew towards a more conservative bent to avoid mistakes.

when the frogs have young defenders however it is still balls to the wall, damn the torpedoes

TX_Krötenechse

Has anyone ever received one piece of useful information from these pressers? I don’t know if GP lies outright (although not seeing the helmet throw is an undoubted lie), but he certainly doesn’t answer anything.

Also can we drop the “young team” BS? Here’s how we actually break down for starters:

Offense: 6 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 soph, 1 TF - plus our #2 back is also a senior

Defense: 5 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 soph, 1 RSF, 1 TF (this is assuming Lewis retains his starting spot once he comes off injury, otherwise it’s 4 seniors and 2 TF)

this is, if anything, a much older team than we’ve normally had. And that’s not even counting the fact that two of these juniors are likely candidates for leaving early.

tcumaniac

scheiss off Gary. Bitching about the crowd is my job.

Also. Don't blame the fans. Blame the [ Finebaum ] product you put on the field. Or maybe the athletic department and administration that has made it more than clear that fan loyalty means nothing to them. Only checkbooks.

I, like others on here, am irrationally loyal to our football team. No matter the temperature, time, or performance, I get to the game before it starts, cheer my ass off, and don't leave until the alma mater is sung. There used to be more fans like me until you redid the stadium and told your loyal fans that didn't want to pay for club seats or suites to go pound sand. You treat your fans like a business transaction, so don't be surprised when your customers respond the same way. I don't blame someone one bit if they choose not to bake in the sun while watching a team that looks like complete ass.

McGregor's Goat

On being a "young team":
(1) It doesn't seem like a very young team. Starting a freshman QB definitely impacts things (because the senior grad transfer QB you brought in can't throw footballs to other football players, notwithstanding the b.s. in the off-season about how well he throws it). But we have a lot of seniors and other veterans that we're going to lose after this season.
(2) Even if it *was* a young team, to me you don't get to use that excuse in your 19th season. What, you haven't had time to build out the roster?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
scheiss off Gary. Bitching about the crowd is my job.

Also. Don't blame the fans. Blame the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] product you put on the field. Or maybe the athletic department and administration that has made it more than clear that fan loyalty means nothing to them. Only checkbooks.

I, like others on here, am irrationally loyal to our football team. No matter the temperature, time, or performance, I get to the game before it starts, cheer my ass off, and don't leave until the alma mater is sung. There used to be more fans like me until you redid the stadium and told your loyal fans that didn't want to pay for club seats or suites to go pound sand. You treat your fans like a business transaction, so don't be surprised when your customers respond the same way. I don't blame someone one bit if they choose not to bake in the sun while watching a team that looks like complete ass.
Do you just copy and paste from one of the previous 1000 times you’ve made this complaint? I hope you aren’t taking time out of your day to continually retype this [ Finebaum ].

I don’t feel like a business transaction. In fact they seem to go out of the way to accommodate me when I ask. Maybe instead of constantly bitching about everything and tweeting at the program for every perceived slight you could try being positive for once. Maybe they then wouldn’t look at you the way I know they do.

MadFrog

I am beginning to wonder. We don't have a young team. Because of the coaches choice, we do have a young QB. Right now the game is too fast and over his head. GP said Kenny Hill is only a signal caller. On the TV replay I saw several heart-to-heart conversations between Hill and Duggan. And Duggan wasn't responding to Hill. I noticed the crowd leaving and did not like it either. But it was just too damn hot. And next week there will be zero shade unless you are in a suite.