• The KillerFrogs

My Pandora’s Box

2017Frog

Long time reader here, feel it’s time for my first post. I have 3 areas of concern I’d like to address, maybe they’ve been talked about ad nauseam and if so just kick me off.

1- Allen, Matthews, Sawyer, Wooten, Robinson. What worries me the most right now is the overwhelming evidence that we have not recruited and developed a quarterback since Boykin. Sure, we turned Trill into Hill, but he wasn’t ours to begin with. I can’t imagine a program having success without being able to develop a player that touches the ball every single offensive play.

2- The Wildfrog. I love our big bruiser. How does anyone believe this is the best short yardage play given our personnel? Am I the only one that would pistol our transfer quarterback with both RB’s behind him to either side. Triple option run, and to keep the defense honest flip it to a wide open receiver every now and then? I cannot envision a team on our schedule that can scheme for or defend against three very formidable runners against our O-Line with the ability to quick hit throw it as well. I thought we were hiding this for later in the season, I can’t imagine we wouldn’t have used it Saturday if we had it drawn up.

3- Our attendance. This is such an easy fix. This is solely on the athletic and ticket department. Many of you all have season tickets, I do not. Face value for a 400 level ticket against Kansas is $50. Those tickets are not worth more than $15. We have unsold tickets and empty seats solely because we have lost touch with reality. Non-season ticket holders and the general public WILL NOT pay $50 a seat just to get in to an 11am kick against Kansas and sit in section 400 row W.

2017Frog

We have a much bigger problem with people that bought tickets not attending the game than we do with people not buying tickets. This has absolutely been beaten to death on here.

I understand. Maybe that’s the case, but just pointing out that it’s possible given the circumstances, we could lower prices at a reasonable rate and better our chances of filling the stadium. Comparing ticket prices to huge P5 public schools isn’t very reasonable imo.
For comparison, Iowa State’s lowest ticket price vs Kansas is $25. Ours is $50. I think most here would say they do a good job of filling their stadium. Reported attendance totals for ISU this season is 100%,100% and 93%. Reported attendance totals for TCU this season is 90% and 92%. ISU has played two instate opponents and reported full capacity for both. We played a metroplex team and arguably didn’t sell 90% of our tickets (attendance always inflated). For those that argue we sell but don’t get people in the door, the numbers suggest we aren’t even selling 90% of tickets.
Sorry I brought up an old issue, but it’s clear we have some people that think doing things how everyone else does them is good enough. I’m not one of them.

Moose Stuff

I understand. Maybe that’s the case, but just pointing out that it’s possible given the circumstances, we could lower prices at a reasonable rate and better our chances of filling the stadium. Comparing ticket prices to huge P5 public schools isn’t very reasonable imo.
For comparison, Iowa State’s lowest ticket price vs Kansas is $25. Ours is $50. I think most here would say they do a good job of filling their stadium. Reported attendance totals for ISU this season is 100%,100% and 93%. Reported attendance totals for TCU this season is 90% and 92%. ISU has played two instate opponents and reported full capacity for both. We played a metroplex team and arguably didn’t sell 90% of our tickets (attendance always inflated). For those that argue we sell but don’t get people in the door, the numbers suggest we aren’t even selling 90% of tickets.
Sorry I brought up an old issue, but it’s clear we have some people that think doing things how everyone else does them is good enough. I’m not one of them.

I’m sure there are some things we could do to get a few more butts in the seats. I’m also guessing there are reasons why we aren’t doing them.

Pharm Frog

Just curious about how StubHub works. I'm seeing prices slide in what would seem to be weird ways. If you have a seat to sell, do you set a price floor and then some type of price reduction pacing (daily, hourly, other) to reduce until sold or it just goes un-purchased? And....my seats are coming down now! Not that I need two seats anymore. Mrs. Pharm informed me that she isn't going to anymore football games unless its a bowl game in a nice location. Not sure if Memphis, Phoenix, San Antonio, Orlando, or Houston qualify but pretty sure that Memphis and Houston don't.